Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Justin Trudeau: President Zoolander Goes to India [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
scobig wrote:
Thanks for this. My wife and I knew Harper was anti-abortion and deeply religious but was willing, initially at least, to put that aside as we (1) felt the country needed an administrator for a Prime Minister and (2) the more moderate elements in the Conservative Party, along with the Opposition, would rebel against him if he went against the perceived will of the country.

I cannot remember though, were the issues you cite actual Conservative Party policy or just Harper's (and now Scheer's personal views - for some reason I recall Harper stating they were his personal views and policy would be up to the caucus to decide; that said I'm into a fifth of the Kraken rum so in many respects I'm just glad to still be hitting the keyboard!)

I totally agree that the Liberals are likely to be in for a while as the Opposition cannot get its act together. Also that the best thing Patrick Brown has ever done is resign. Followed closely by his recent announcement to pull out of the subsequent leadership contest. It's truly scary to me that Kathleen Wynne is still in office.

The Ontario PC's have blown it just before the election in the last two elections while being well ahead in the polls. First now Toronto mayor John Tory threw it all away be pandering to the ethnic vote by saying he would publicaly fund all religious based schools. That backfired big time. Then the guy in the last election (can't even remember his name at the moment) claimed he would fire 100,000 on the government payroll and then create a million new jobs in the private sector but could offer no info on how he intended to do that. Talk about tying an anchor around your neck and then jumping into deep water. Wynne does not deserve to win, but if the PC's do fuck it up again at the last moment it shouldn't come as that much of a surprise.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the Canadian Conservative Party and PC two different Party's now?
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Trudeau: President Zoolander Goes to India [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of us were happy he was elected. He had a lot of policies that were incredibly popular (50% women in cabinet positions). But some of his recent actions have really made people unhappy (first pass the post) or simply facepalmed. The 'peoplekind' thing was just sad.

I understand what he was trying to do in India. He was trying to embrace the culture, which is something very Canadian. But he went a little too far with it. He was there on business and that should have been his first priority.
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Trudeau: President Zoolander Goes to India [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ghost234 wrote:
Most of us were happy he was elected. He had a lot of policies that were incredibly popular (50% women in cabinet positions). But some of his recent actions have really made people unhappy (first pass the post) or simply facepalmed. The 'peoplekind' thing was just sad.

I understand what he was trying to do in India. He was trying to embrace the culture, which is something very Canadian. But he went a little too far with it. He was there on business and that should have been his first priority.

He certainly had huge popularity when first elected but a lot of that was an anti Harper sentiment. As you know, in Canada we don't vote politicians in, we throw them out. The CBC said today that the latest poll has CDN men split 50/50 towards the guy but women are still liking JT by a 12% margin. So if an election was held tomorrow JT would easily be back.

This India trip was a complete fukdoogle, but definitely not a deal breaker come election time.
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Trudeau: President Zoolander Goes to India [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ghost234 wrote:

Did you know that the previous Conservative cabinet was just 1 woman shy of the super magical 50%? Not that it matters to the LPC they weren't just warm bodies filling made up positions. It's as though the Liberals were virtue signalling because it was 2015. Well, it's 2018 now and the Conservatives still had more women in significant portfolios than the Liberals.
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Trudeau: President Zoolander Goes to India [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Ghost234 wrote:

He certainly had huge popularity when first elected but a lot of that was an anti Harper sentiment. As you know, in Canada we don't vote politicians in, we throw them out. The CBC said today that the latest poll has CDN men split 50/50 towards the guy but women are still liking JT by a 12% margin. So if an election was held tomorrow JT would easily be back.

This India trip was a complete fukdoogle, but definitely not a deal breaker come election time.

Couple of questions:

1. Is "fukdoogle" a Canuck word?

2. Can I borrow it? :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Trudeau: President Zoolander Goes to India [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never hear of fukdoogle before but apparently PM Selfie SuperSocks has been busy digging a hole during question period. FFS, if you find yourself in a hole, put away the shovel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ghost234 wrote:

The really sad thing is how many actually took it serious and didn't see it as it was, a very lame attempt at humor.
Last edited by: 50+: Feb 28, 18 17:15
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Trudeau: President Zoolander Goes to India [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You believe what you want, he was man-splainin' and it's 2018! Only woman-splainin' is permissible!
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Trudeau: President Zoolander Goes to India [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
You believe what you want, he was man-splainin' and it's 2018! Only woman-splainin' is permissible!

2019-2023 is going to be another very long four years for you without a Harperite reformocon as PM. The Conservative Party really missed the memo this time on who they picked for leader. JT will be back next election regardless how your 100,000 votes or so in rural southern Alberta feels about it. And I'm not even a big JT supporter but do seem to be reading the country better than you are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

2019-2023 is going to be another very long four years for you without a Harperite reformocon as PM. The Conservative Party really missed the memo this time on who they picked for leader. JT will be back next election regardless how your 100,000 votes or so in rural southern Alberta feels about it. And I'm not even a big JT supporter but do seem to be reading the country better than you are.

As you know, in Canada, we don't vote politicians in, we throw them out... Sound like something you wrote?

We can't afford another 4 years with the Libs! My kids will never, ever be able to dig themselves out of the hole, holy shit...
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Trudeau: President Zoolander Goes to India [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:

As you know, in Canada, we don't vote politicians in, we throw them out... Sound like something you wrote?

We can't afford another 4 years with the Libs! My kids will never, ever be able to dig themselves out of the hole, holy shit...

If you say so......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just found it interesting that you stated both that we don't vote FOR something, we vote against, and that the cons missed the ball on their choice of leader...

You're saying that you approve of the Libs spending and deficits, or that you'd vote against IF they had chosen a better leader, with better policies? Do you vote for something, or against something, then?
Quote Reply
Re: Justin Trudeau: President Zoolander Goes to India [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
I just found it interesting that you stated both that we don't vote FOR something, we vote against, and that the cons missed the ball on their choice of leader...

You're saying that you approve of the Libs spending and deficits, or that you'd vote against IF they had chosen a better leader, with better policies? Do you vote for something, or against something, then?

Start with this and then do some further research.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/...onomy_b_3976972.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
snoots wrote:

Start with this and then do some further research.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/...onomy_b_3976972.html

Ok, I see where this is going and I choose to bow out...

Good night, sir...

Quote Reply

Prev Next