Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vuka Aero vs Tririg Alpha X
Quote | Reply
Who wins and Why?
Comfort
Aerodynamics
Adjustability

If you have either what made you decide?
Quote Reply
Re: Vuka Aero vs Tririg Alpha X [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the aero and really liked it. Pads are crazy comfortable but I would guess the Tririg is more adjustable. My decision to get the Zipp was being able to use any stem. Don't think you can go wrong with either!
Quote Reply
Re: Vuka Aero vs Tririg Alpha X [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! That's a point for Zipp!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked the Alpha X because it was one of the few stems that would work on an IA. And I love the light weight and clean-looking integrated total package.
Quote Reply
Re: Vuka Aero vs Tririg Alpha X [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you ever used the tilt kit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope, but it is on my possible shopping list. I hope to tune my position this year. It tilt can make me faster, I will buy it.
Quote Reply
Re: Vuka Aero vs Tririg Alpha X [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is my only obstacle with purchasing an integrated aerobar. I am most comfortable in that position. Still searching.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vuka is aero in name only. Alpha X everytime unless you need it to be UCI legal (in which case you go PRO, Enve, or USE).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp Vuka Stealth is what I bought after comparing to the AlphaX.

from what I could find out it is a stiffer and higher quality bar. Delivery at the time was also a lot better.

Looking at the Aero data on the Tririg site, I noted that they compared the Tririg to the Zipp Vuka Alumina which in my opinion looks to be a far slower bar to the Zipp Vuka Stealth, Vuka Aero and the TriRig AlphaX - not even a comparable bar. I was very suspecious about the aero data and decided that there is probably a very good reason for them not being compared and I suspected that the Vuka is not a slower bar.
TriRig aero data: http://www.tririg.com/...mp;page=windtunnel_2
Zipp Vuka Alumina: http://www.zipp.com/...ik8tfmw10cl7b84d87t4

The Zipp also has a reputation for being very comfy on the pads, and it is.

That said, the new TriRig Alpha1, assuming the quality and stiffness is apparent, looks like an excellent bar and worth a look. It looks like they have used a similar single post design to the P5X, still using the same large Kammtail aero profile as the Vuka Stealth, integrated stem and very flat as expected from TriRig. Also bloody expensive like all top end bars.
http://www.tririg.com/store.php?c=alphaone
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not the alpha one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had same decision. I just posted pics on "Felt Build" thread on ST. I don't think you can really go wrong. Depending on you stem choices TR may very well be lighter. I bought the TriRig over the Zipp for the tilt, which i am no longer even using. The cup pads on the TR are just as good as zipp pads, and I did not think that would be possible. I would go with whatever you can get best deal on.

As Sean said why not TR One.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Vuka Aero vs Tririg Alpha X [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to clarify I was able to get 13° of tilt out of my Zipp Vuka aero. Had 10° wedges made and worked awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Vuka Aero vs Tririg Alpha X [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know i could do wedges but also was worried about strain it would put on bolts since it was not designed for that. Prob totally fine but was a concern I had. Zipp would have been a much easier set up for me honestly. But happy with where I got the TR to.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Vuka Aero vs Tririg Alpha X [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really appreciate your insight. Experience always helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Vuka Aero vs Tririg Alpha X [Slunnie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While I agree that having the only Zipp representative in the study be a really wide section aluminum base bar was a bad plan, I have had those bars in my hands, and they don't come anywhere close to the TriRig Alpha Classic, let alone the Alpha X.

Given the opportunity to buy the Zipp bar for half the cost of the Alpha X, I would not take it. Ventus 2 is really the only bar that really competes well with the TriRig. Aduro is just too constrained on the bit side for my taste.

With the Alpha X, there is the 10 degree wedge in the under-mount kit that can be used to tilt. I have that on one bike, and it works nicely. If you need more (or less), the tilt kit is expensive but awesome.
Quote Reply