Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Power meter for Trek Speed concept
Quote | Reply
I have a SC 7.5 with quarq power meter ready crankset, but I do not know which Dzero spider set should I choose. 110/130 and NHB/HB. The bike is configure with all conponents original. Does anyone know?

Thanks
Leo
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter for Trek Speed concept [Leopardo76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Follow this link for your options. Quarq D-Zero
What cranks do you currently have now? Does it have a removable spider? If you have FORCE 22 or Rival 22, I believe you would get the 110 NHB as your bike was spec'd with either 50/34 or 52/36 chainrings. Send photo and I can help. I have a SC9.9 with Quarq as well.

The other thing you need to know, if you were thinking about just getting the power meter spider, ALL D-Zero power meters are 8-bolt configuration, not the previous 3-bolt. So this means, you'll need to buy with a crank arm if you want D-Zero.
Last edited by: XX29er: Feb 24, 18 15:55
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter for Trek Speed concept [XX29er] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot for your answer!! I checked and I do have Force22 52/36T 110 BCD, since the BB is BB90 I assume is NHB as you said.

These are the pics I took. I am still not sure if I need crank arm or not. The arms at quarq also.
And in last if quarq Dzero spider with this set is the easiest PM to install and a good price performance option. The others that I checked are either not compatible or more expensive.

Thanks again
Leo
Last edited by: Leopardo76: Feb 25, 18 10:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More than likely you have this Force 22 crank (please note this is a BB30 crank shown and not your crank which is GXP 24mm spindle). If so, and you want to purchase a Quarq D-Zero, you'll need to buy the D-Zero GXP with crank arms given your current crank is the 3-bolt system as displayed here. If price is a concern, they offer the D-Zero in an aluminum option which can be upgraded down the road with carbon arm in the future. Quarq D-Zero AL

Please also note, if you do buy the aluminum option, when installing the chainrings, you will need to clock them 180 degrees as noted on the back of the SRAM chainrings. You can see this from the image as well.

Hope this helps. Happy training.

Last edited by: XX29er: Feb 26, 18 6:09
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter for Trek Speed concept [XX29er] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot mate!, really hepful!
Will go with the arm included then!

Leo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leopardo76 wrote:
Thanks a lot mate!, really hepful!
Will go with the arm included then!

Leo

Leo, in your original post you mention a SRAM Force22 "Quarq Power Meter Ready" crankset https://www.quarq.com/...sx2jf84pcf2hgwiivns3.

Is your Speed Concept 7.5 a 2017 model? I ask because Trek lists these bikes as coming with the Quarq Prime Ready crankset. Essentially this means your stock crankset has a removable spider with the latest 8 bolt Quarq pattern. https://www.trekbikes.com/...-7-5/p/1485000-2017/

So all you need to add power to your crankset is to buy the proper Quarq D-Zero spider. Looking at the SC specs it appears your bike came stock with 52/36 chainrings. This means you want the compact 110bcd spider so that you can reuse your stock chainrings. The Trek page also shows this being a hidden bolt crankset - meaning one of the 5 chainring bolts goes in behind a crankarm. So you'll want the Quarq D-Zero 110 HB bolt spider https://www.quarq.com/...sx2jf84pcf2hgwiivns3.

It is great that these power ready crank offerings are beginning to be available on the market. It should make upgrading to power much easier for bike owners.

Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Power meter for Trek Speed concept [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uouu!!! Yeah! Thanks for the input mate! I double check calling quarq Service a few minutes ago and they answered pretty much the same. Any oem bike with power ready sram crankset only need the spider cheapest for the solution!
I’m not quite a experienced rider and that is why I asked.
Really appreciate your help here!
BR
Leo
Quote Reply