Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to bring discipline, respect, civility and integrity back to the USA.....,
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: How to bring discipline, respect, civility and integrity back to the USA....., [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

That's a great movie (The Devil's Brigade). I loved that scene in the mess hall, where the bespectacled Canadian self-defense instructor starts whomping on Claude Akins' character. Judo here, karate chop there. Classic! :-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: How to bring discipline, respect, civility and integrity back to the USA....., [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'Merica, baby! ;-)

My wife made me come back inside an put a t-shirt on. LOL!

Quote Reply
Re: How to bring discipline, respect, civility and integrity back to the USA....., [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Devil's Brigade was a major 1968 UnitedArtists production shot mainly in Utah.

What gives Hollywood the right to appropriate our unique Canadian culture in film? LaLa Land executives grow rich exploiting our sacred traditions. Every dollar earned from these scenes involving boozy hockey fights or polite police-citizen interactions should go back to the hard working people of Saskatchewan.

And did you realize that most, if not all of the actors portraying Canadians were actually Americans? This white washing of Canadians must stop in Hollywood. We all should no longer tolerate seeing Canadians relegated to background roles like Beer Chugger #4 or Unnamed Moose Wrangler. I can only dream of a day when my grandkids will we see a Canadian in a starring role of a major film.

#JusticeForCanadianActors

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: How to bring discipline, respect, civility and integrity back to the USA....., [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does Pamela Anderson count as a major star?
Quote Reply
Re: How to bring discipline, respect, civility and integrity back to the USA....., [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Devil's Brigade was a major 1968 UnitedArtists production shot mainly in Utah.

What gives Hollywood the right to appropriate our unique Canadian culture in film? LaLa Land executives grow rich exploiting our sacred traditions. Every dollar earned from these scenes involving boozy hockey fights or polite police-citizen interactions should go back to the hard working people of Saskatchewan.

And did you realize that most, if not all of the actors portraying Canadians were actually Americans? This white washing of Canadians must stop in Hollywood. We all should no longer tolerate seeing Canadians relegated to background roles like Beer Chugger #4 or Unnamed Moose Wrangler. I can only dream of a day when my grandkids will we see a Canadian in a starring role of a major film.

#JusticeForCanadianActors

Great! Now I'm feeling triggered! ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome classic. I'll put that on the list of "Guy Movies" that the boys and I work our way thru when Mrs RG is away.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: How to bring discipline, respect, civility and integrity back to the USA....., [Bumble Bee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumble Bee wrote:

Two major stars actually.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Bumble Bee wrote:

Two major stars actually.

Which also gives Canada two of the largest mountains in North America!

Quote Reply