Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Concealed Carry Discussion [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
Did you buy a new weapon for ccw? No.

Do you think that the nRa promotes ccw to increase sales? No. When was the last time you saw anyone concealed carrying a rifle, dumbass?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Concealed Carry Discussion [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Do you hold a CCW permit? NO
2. Do you know anyone who holds such a permit? One person
3. Have you taken any self defense classes which included firearms training? NO
4. Do you feel more or less safe with the knowledge that civilians are carrying concealed firearms? Less
5. Do you own a "defense" gun of any sort? NO
6. Do you train regularly with your firearm? NO
7. Do you compete or hunt with a firearm? NO (went hunting a couple times in my teens)
8. Should CCW permit holders be obligated or required to carry when is legal for them to do so? NO
9. Do you support "gun free" zones such as banks, schools, government buildings, sporting arenas, etc. Never really thought about it, Private places Its up to the owner, Public spaces like schools and stadiums, probably a good idea.
10. Should CCW holders be exempt from "gun free" zones? NO
11. Do you understand the law when it comes to CCW permits such as a "duty to retreat" vs. "stand your ground", printing,and the likely legal consequences CCW. I think so
12. Do CCW permit holders have any responsibility to respond to violence or threat with their weapon? NO

What I don't get about a CCW, if your wearing for defense why not just put it on your hip and proudly show it off? Wouldn't seeing people armed all over be more of a deterrent ?

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any surprises from this discussion? Bump (stock)....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Do you hold a CCW permit? Yes
2. Do you know anyone who holds such a permit? Many
3. Have you taken any self defense classes which included firearms training? Yes. Handgun and carbine.
4. Do you feel more or less safe with the knowledge that civilians are carrying concealed firearms? Neutral. I feel more secure when I am carrying.
5. Do you own a "defense" gun of any sort? Several
6. Do you train regularly with your firearm? Not as much as I would like to because twin toddlers.
7. Do you compete or hunt with a firearm? Yes
8. Should CCW permit holders be obligated or required to carry when is legal for them to do so? No
9. Do you support "gun free" zones such as banks, schools, government buildings, sporting arenas, etc. Neutral.
10. Should CCW holders be exempt from "gun free" zones? Neutral
11. Do you understand the law when it comes to CCW permits such as a "duty to retreat" vs. "stand your ground", printing,and the likely legal consequences CCW. Yes
12. Do CCW permit holders have any responsibility to respond to violence or threat with their weapon? Neutral
Quote Reply
Re: Concealed Carry Discussion [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One point of CC is as a deterrent from low level assaults and grab and run crimes. If bad guys don't know who is and who is not carrying - then they may assume you are. That may help those that aren't.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Concealed Carry Discussion [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

What I don't get about a CCW, if your wearing for defense why not just put it on your hip and proudly show it off? Wouldn't seeing people armed all over be more of a deterrent ?

i believe you said in another thread you dont really know anyone in the shooting world, so my first comment here isn't meant to be mean or snarky. this is a common, from conversations i've had, assumption of those ignorant in self defense. the element of surprise is usually your biggest asset. if you've got a gun on your hip and some thug comes in to rob the gas and sip while youre getting your big gulp you've opened yourself up to being the first thing he'd shoot. he's sees your gun, you dont know he even has one until he's drawn on you, and drawing against a drawn gun are not good odds. if he doesnt know you have a gun youre not necessarily an immediate threat/target.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Last edited by: Madduck: Feb 26, 18 16:47
Quote Reply

Prev Next