Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Favourite Olympic moment. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Jessie and Kikkan

2 people i hadn't heard of until just over a week ago, competing in an event i didn't know existed (sprint relay).
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite Olympic moment. [Garry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garry wrote:
The Germany figure skating pair - Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot - They needed a huge routine to win and did it. It was one of the few performances where I had to stand up and walk closer to the set to watch, to me it was that good. Then after it they were done they collapsed on the ice knowing they nailed it. they ended up braking their own world record to claim a stunning gold in Pyeongchang-

I think they got in the heads of the next main couples from Canada and China since their routines had errors or were flat.

For me the big moment was Virtue and Moir's free dance in the team competition. Canada had the medal wrapped up already, so as a highly partisan fan I could relax and just enjoy the performance. Which was stunning.
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite Olympic moment. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
NormM wrote:
Jessie Diggins, Kikkan Randall wining USA's 1st-ever Olympic gold in xc-skiing skiing.

This....

Kikkan's back story, from fivethirtyeight.com

https://fivethirtyeight.com/...t-work-life-balance/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite Olympic moment. [NormM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite Olympic moment. [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
Been relatively indifferent on her, but leaned towards "not impressed". Her interview last night after the bronze made me a fan.
She handled herself with grace, but I think that reporter was way out of line bringing up her grandfather. I'm sure it was premeditated hoping for an emotional reaction. Well it worked, but that is a really shitty thing to do IMO. I wonder what kind of spot bonus NBC pays for making an athlete cry on camera.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply
Re: Favourite Olympic moment. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Was that one dude in the middle one of their chaperones? His half-hearted attempts to clap on the same beat as the women was amusing.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Favourite Olympic moment. [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to go with the amazing performance by this squirrel. It's not just cyclists who have to dodge those little fuckers.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/squirrel-winter-olympics-snowboarder_us_5a9120f9e4b0ee6416a386bf

Quote Reply

Prev Next