Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity
Quote | Reply
Want to live past 90? It helps to drink alcohol:

“Here’s some information to ponder while hitting the gym instead of a bar: Beer and wine have better health benefits than exercise in terms of longevity. Those are the findings of University of California neurologist Claudia Kawas and other researchers conducting the 90+ Study, an effort that started in 2003 to explore impacts of daily habits on longevity.”

Let's get those glasses out boys! I'm buying! ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

“Here’s some information to ponder while hitting the gym instead of a bar: Beer and wine have better health benefits than exercise in terms of longevity. Those are the findings of University of California neurologist Claudia Kawas and other researchers conducting the 90+ Study, an effort that started in 2003 to explore impacts of daily habits on longevity.”

If that’s even remotely true, I’m gonna make it to 130....

Quote | Reply
IIRC, that study was discredited because many of those who had zero drinks did so because some underlying health reason prevented them from drinking at all, thus skewing the data.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:

Not to hijack this thread but every time I see this movie all I can think is, don't they have Raid in the future? LOL
Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
IIRC, that study was discredited because many of those who had zero drinks did so because some underlying health reason prevented them from drinking at all, thus skewing the data.

Dude, don't mess with the fantasy that many of us have.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have to crack a fresh cold one. Got some catching up to do... ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
Dude, such a downer post. Just couldn't leave us our illusions?

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If your hobby is drinking:

people who drank about two glasses of beer or wine per day were 18 percent less likely to experience a premature death than those who abstain

Those who spent two hours a day on a hobby were also 21 percent less to die prematurely.

2 hours of drinking a day is the new rule.......
Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:

Dude, such a downer post. Just couldn't leave us our illusions?

Sorry. My evil twin, "Dreamcrusher", got to my keyboard today.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to hijack this thread but every time I see this movie all I can think is, don't they have Raid in the future?
---

I'm pretty sure that chemical warfare is banned.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just sat down after a long day with a glass of Woodfords and the Olympics on and this is this first thread I popped open. Very timely indeed. Cheers!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:

people who drank about two glasses of beer or wine per day were 18 percent less likely to experience a premature death than those who abstain

Those who spent two hours a day on a hobby were also 21 percent less to die prematurely.

Is, like, rubbing one off a hobby if it takes two hours to do so? Because if it is I'm sure a bunch of guys here are gonna live until 2200, at least. I can just tell. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B.McMaster wrote:

So if drinking is your hobby it adds up to 39 percent less likely to die prematurely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My friends Austrian grandmother lived to 96. Her secret: a pint of beer at lunch, every day. She lived at home and was completely independent until the end, only going down hill in the last two weeks or so.

I'll raise a pint to that.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
My friends Austrian grandmother lived to 96. Her secret: a pint of beer at lunch, every day. She lived at home and was completely independent until the end, only going down hill in the last two weeks or so.

I'll raise a pint to that.

I'll raise two. In fact, I just did! ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

Is there a seat for an extra girl? If we drink enough, we can make ourselves believe it's true ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Beer and Wine Deliver Better Health Benefits Than Exercise for Longevity [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Is there a seat for an extra girl? If we drink enough, we can make ourselves believe it's true ;-)

When I said "boys," I of course meant all the boys and girls here. "Boys" from me is a sign of respect and admiration. LOL!

And yes; I say we all drink up until the fantasy becomes true. At least in our minds. ;-)

Last edited by: big kahuna: Feb 21, 18 4:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:

You are Fake News

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply