Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a greenbelt park that runs on both sides of a creek behind my house. I look down the long axis of the creek. Not nearly as awesome as some who have posted but nice as very many people walk down the paths beside the creek many with their dogs. IT doesn't get old because it is dynamic. Considering a view I was once told that if you are lakeside or oceanside at night you will generally look at a black hole. If you are up on the hillside looking down you will see the water and all the activity of the waterfront.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which peak is above 4500m?
Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Is this view on the big island of Hawaii?

Nope, Saipan.
Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [svennn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
svennn wrote:
It never gets old but you do need to remind yourself from time to time. This pic was in January as I had a cup of coffee and watched the sunrise. It is also my favorite open water swimming spot. FYI, Annapolis MD.

Sunrises and sunsets are often beautiful. But put water into the equation and they become spectacular. Your pic shows that.

I wake up to 3 miles of water with orange, purple and pink sunrises glistening off the lake. I can't remember the last time I didn't wake early enough to watch a sunrise. People would pay big money to vacation for a few days to see what I wake to every day.
Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not getting tired of it - water is a cove/estuary to ocean/bay.
Last edited by: ruby1: Feb 22, 18 3:51
Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [ruby1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sunrise from bedroom
Last edited by: ruby1: Feb 22, 18 3:53
Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
People would pay big money to vacation for a few days to see what I wake to every day.

Ditto with Alicante. Many Europeans pay a lot to come here for vacation and to escape the cold. Summer flight tickets are crazy.

We are very fortunate that my career enables me to work from pretty much anywhere. From my current location it is 10 minutes to the beach by car and 30 minutes on the MTB to the marina.

I am onsite with a client in Madrid every few weeks. Yesterday morning when I checked out of the hotel, the receptionist said "You're so lucky to live on the coast". Lucky, perhaps. I like to think it's by conscious choice.
Last edited by: gahddenbooi: Feb 22, 18 5:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
View from my best friend's house in PR. Best kite surfing beach in the Caribbean. View is 180 degrees of spectacular.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s a gorgeous morning, I never get tired of our view.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [travelgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, I might need more coffee, what am I doing wrong trying to post a photo? I went to the select file thingy and selected a photo and hit upload. Is that wrong?
Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [TropicPlace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one and Rainier win IMO.
Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
This one and Rainier win IMO.
I was thinking about which photos looked better than the others myself. Mostly because I was trying to tease out the difference between best photo and best view. The view has something to do with the scope and scale of what you're taking in in that moment, whereas the photos are all the same size. We have beautiful skies here in Texas during sunsets (sometimes), but I would never submit a great sunset picture and claim I have a great view from my Texas house. I might be able to take a great photo, but I don't have a great view my house.
Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [travelgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
travelgirl wrote:
Ok, I might need more coffee, what am I doing wrong trying to post a photo? I went to the select file thingy and selected a photo and hit upload. Is that wrong?
I've never tried what you are doing. I always link to something online using the picture frame icon above the text box.
Quote Reply
Re: Living in a house with a view to die for [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just playing around with inserting photos. I'm not too tech savvy. This was a fantastic morning last autumn.
Last edited by: travelgirl: Feb 23, 18 9:17
Quote Reply

Prev Next