Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Michelle Malkin: idiot
Quote | Reply
From her blog:

"...the blabbermouths at the Times chose to disclose classified information in a pathetically obvious bid to move the Iraqi elections off the front pages. "

Today's front page of the NYTimes:

If that was their bid to move the Iraqi elections off the front page, the only thing pathetic about it was how lame that bid is...

and

"The article notes:
The White House asked The New York Times not to publish this article, arguing that it could jeopardize continuing investigations and alert would-be terrorists that they might be under scrutiny. After meeting with senior administration officials to hear their concerns, the newspaper delayed publication for a year to conduct additional reporting. Some information that administration officials argued could be useful to terrorists has been omitted.

"Some," but not all."

I suggest that the "some" refers to the information in the article, not the information that could be useful to terrorists. To read otherwise (as she did) is silly: "We, the NYTimes, choose to not omit some information that could be usefult to terrorists." Yeah.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Malkin: idiot [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow when the NSA story is the lead front page above the fold, and success in Iraq is 15th page we will see who is right.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Malkin: idiot [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we can see who is right today hasbeen...

She is an idiot, even if she is hot

In Reply To:
I think we can see who is right today hasbeen...

She is an idiot, even if she is hot

"today" is not the argument that I made is it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's the argument Malkin made

She is a right wing fool, but she is really hot.

http://www.complexhash.com/Images/malkin1.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Malkin: idiot [jhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I scanned quickly through Malkins writing, I saw no mention of any time frame in her report, so no I don't think she does make the argument for knocking the elections off the front page for today only. What good would that do anyway, if knock the elections off the front page was the goal? I still stand by my prediction that tomorrow and over the next several days this story is the lead, and we won't see any more good news out of Iraq on the NYT front page. Over the next few days we will see who is right.

It is odd that the Author has a book coming out in a month, the timing is really suspect isn't it?

Quote Reply
Re: Yes, the NYT, that bastion of journalistic hubris** [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is odd that the Author has a book coming out in a month, the timing is really suspect isn't it?

And I heard he once kicked his dog so maybe everyone should just ignore the article.

Edited for grammar

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Last edited by: Casey: Dec 16, 05 13:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why the hell would the Iraqi elections be on the front page of any newspaper for several days in a row? It's news TODAY. When the results are in, that will on the front page as well. What does tomorrow have to do with anything?

I'm positive no one is arguing that the NYT is credible anymore. Fact is, they've gone downhill and not considered the "paper of record" anymore. That "honor" goes to the Washington Post.

Both are, of course, left wing mouthpieces, although the Post is a lot better at at least attempting to fake that it's apolitical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why the hell would the Iraqi elections be on the front page of any newspaper for several days in a row? It's news TODAY. When the results are in, that will on the front page as well. What does tomorrow have to do with anything?

Really one a one day story huh, well for the NYT you will be right. Lets see what else could they report on regarding the elcetions. How about the fact that went very smoothly, that the sunnis vote en mass, who got elected, how those folks are likely to react, how soon will they take power, what will they do first. How will Iran react, what about syria?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow when the NSA story is the lead front page above the fold, and success in Iraq is 15th page we will see who is right.

I think that is the right order.

Most people realize the "success" you are hinting at for Iraq has not really happened yet, since it is the aftermath of the elections that is still going to be unfolding for a long time. This is the 3rd election they have had and every time it is trumpeted as an overwhelming success, but our troops are still there, the insurgents are there and the war continues.

The election is progress but this is far from over so putting a story that has significant relevence for everyone today, on the front page, is the right call.

Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Malkin: idiot [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I think that is the right order.

Most people realize the "success" you are hinting at for Iraq has not really happened yet, since it is the aftermath of the elections that is still going to be unfolding for a long time. This is the 3rd election they have had and every time it is trumpeted as an overwhelming success, but our troops are still there, the insurgents are there and the war continues.

The election is progress but this is far from over so putting a story that has significant relevence for everyone today, on the front page, is the right call.
I think the election itself, simply having it is a huge story, and it's success only hurts those who detract from the war. What I still find odd, which you aparently don't by your kick the dog reply is the timing. So the NYT says they sat on the story for one year then they release it on the day the Iraqi elections are being covered also one month in advance of the book release. Why didn't they print it two weeks ago or a month ago? Ahh today was the day, becasue God forbid if any good news comes out of Iraq without another piece along side bashing the Bush admin.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I still find odd, which you aparently don't by your kick the dog reply is the timing. So the NYT says they sat on the story for one year then they release it on the day the Iraqi elections are being covered also one month in advance of the book release.

I do find it odd and need to look more at the reasons. I was looking to see for a response from them as to why they released it on this date.

Why didn't they print it two weeks ago or a month ago?

Okay, in the interest of fairness, you raise a good point. I thought your reaction was a knee jerk response to anything coming out of the NYT, so we'll see how this pans out.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about the fact that went very smoothly, that the sunnis vote en mass, who got elected, how those folks are likely to react, how soon will they take power, what will they do first. How will Iran react, what about syria?

That's one story's worth man.

Getting the iraq elections off the front page is idiotic. Printing the story now to hype a forthcoming book is a much more beleiveable theory, dont you think?

In Reply To:
She is a right wing fool, but she is really hot.

http://www.complexhash.com/Images/malkin1.jpg

Oh please. She's right up there with Star Jones and Oprah.

Hideous.

- kd

kestrel driver

DonorsChoose.org (!!!)
bogolight.com (!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I scanned quickly through Malkins writing, I saw no mention of any time frame in her report, so no I don't think she does make the argument for knocking the elections off the front page for today only. What good would that do anyway, if knock the elections off the front page was the goal? I still stand by my prediction that tomorrow and over the next several days this story is the lead, and we won't see any more good news out of Iraq on the NYT front page. Over the next few days we will see who is right.

Steerike One! This picture of women who voted in Iraq big enough for ya? The large headline is in regards to the defeat of the Patriot Act renewal; the sub-headline references the fact that the NSA activity influenced that defeat.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Why the hell would the Iraqi elections be on the front page of any newspaper for several days in a row?
Aren't people fighting and dying (regardless of your opinion that this is rightly or wrongly so) so that these elections can be held? Isn't the whole Iraq "mess" in the news everyday, and isn't that whole "mess" inextricably intertwined with the elections and establishing a new government?
Quote Reply
Re: Michelle Malkin: idiot [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you actually scan that?

Re: Michelle Malkin: idiot [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]did you actually scan that?[/reply]

Yes, I have a commercial-size scanner at home. Takes up nearly half of my 1,400sq ft. ranch estate house.

http://www.nytimes.com/pages/pageone/scan/index.html

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply