Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sometimes lip-syncing is okay
Quote | Reply
For those who are opposed to lip-syncing the national anthem, sometimes it is okay. Normally it's done just to prevent technical screw-ups at big events like the Super Bowl. In the case of last night's NBA All-Star Game, it should have been to prevent well, Fergie.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Sometimes lip-syncing is okay [Cherrycracker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cherrycracker wrote:
For those who are opposed to lip-syncing the national anthem, sometimes it is okay. Normally it's done just to prevent technical screw-ups at big events like the Super Bowl. In the case of last night's NBA All-Star Game, it should have been to prevent well, Fergie.https://youtu.be/V5cOvyDpWfM[/quote[/url]]

Paging Carl Lewis, Carl Lewis...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cherrycracker wrote:
For those who are opposed to lip-syncing the national anthem, sometimes it is okay. Normally it's done just to prevent technical screw-ups at big events like the Super Bowl. In the case of last night's NBA All-Star Game, it should have been to prevent well, Fergie.

Why do some singers think their artistic interpretations that deviate from the norm are okay when it's the national anthem?
Quote Reply
Re: Sometimes lip-syncing is okay [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Why do some singers think their artistic interpretations that deviate from the norm are okay when it's the national anthem?

Ego and they surround themselves with people who tell them how great they are.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cherrycracker wrote:
For those who are opposed to lip-syncing the national anthem, sometimes it is okay. Normally it's done just to prevent technical screw-ups at big events like the Super Bowl. In the case of last night's NBA All-Star Game, it should have been to prevent well, Fergie.https://youtu.be/V5cOvyDpWfM[/quote[/url]]

I heard Colin Kaepernick stood up during the performance and told Fergie to stop disrespecting the National Anthem.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The shot of Jimmy Kimmel in the stands cracking up is great.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Sometimes lip-syncing is okay [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was just about to say, I'm taking a knee until she signs a legally binding agreement to never sing the anthem again.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To be fair, who actually watches the NBA All Star game anymore?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Sometimes lip-syncing is okay [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The limited viewership may just spare her career.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paging Roseanne Barr! The NBA needs you for the 2019 all star game.
Quote Reply
Re: Sometimes lip-syncing is okay [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:

I heard Colin Kaepernick stood up during the performance and told Fergie to stop disrespecting the National Anthem.

Hahahahaha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless your name is Whitney, your best bet when doing the Anthem is to get in and get out. Adding your own "flair" rarely works out well.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fergie was an abomination. Sad to see her try to be cool and lounge sing her way to nowhereville.

I had to immediately watch the GOAT Whitney kill it afterwards. Even though the YouTube video is pretty mediocre quality visually, wow can you can still appreciate her talent. Spectacular performance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And it wasn't her first time, a little better...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejl2g6GoaR4
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
This has got to have provided the NBA with ten times the amount of attention their game would have received otherwise.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kept expecting her to break into a quick bit of "Happy...birthdaaay... mister President..." at any time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

I didn't even know it was on.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in my weekly business group meeting recently, and one of the group members, who worked with NASCAR, explained how the Star Spangled Banner should be sung from NASCAR's persepective - "You have 1:37 seconds. Otherwise, the jets have already flown by."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

I didn’t know it was on until I saw it while flipping channels. Tried to watch and couldn’t take anymore after a few minutes. Not sure what that is but it’s not basketball.
Quote Reply