Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Are you an NCAA men's basketball fan? [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And now Arizona's Alonzo Trier is suspended for a dirty PED test. A long story, hopefully somebody with more pharmacology knowledge than me can explain how he can test clean and then it reappears if he did not actually take more. the whole story seems fishy from an uncle "spiking" his drink to being clean and then dirty.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you an NCAA men's basketball fan? [coecoe13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The report I saw said it was leftover from something he allegedly ingested by mistake in 2016, and it is basically a trace amount of it. I don't know the science either, but sure sounds like he is being punished twice for the same thing (I believe he was suspended for the original violation in 2016).
Quote Reply
Re: Are you an NCAA men's basketball fan? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://sports.yahoo.com/...hools-103338484.html

Names and schools were named this morning from the FBI investigation.

As an MSU fan is pisses me off. Miles Bridges' mother took a small advance ($400) from an agent. The same Miles Bridges that turned down millions as a lottery pick to come back and play college BB as his mother was trying to talk him into going pro.

By all accounts a great kid who's name is going to get lumped in and dragged through the mud.
Last edited by: Thom: Feb 23, 18 5:53
Quote Reply
Re: Are you an NCAA men's basketball fan? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I read that this morning, I was a bit underwhelmed after all the hype the last week or so over this. Mostly buying dinners for recruits and families to pitch services. Some big advances or loans, one or two loans actually mention that the player or family are paying it back. This isn't the bombshell I was expecting. And none of it implicates any coaches as being involved.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you an NCAA men's basketball fan? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
As I read that this morning, I was a bit underwhelmed...

I had the same reaction. For the players that are done, I don't think much will come of it. The sticky issue is going to be eligibility of current players. Schools are going to have to decide whether to risk playing them or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the meals, I think there is an amount that can be paid for, want to say like $150 or $200, and anything over is not permitted. Usually there, all athlete has to do is pay it back and maybe sit a game or two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the whole thing or is that just a leak/sampling?

In other fun news, Drexel came back from a 35 point deficit yesterday, biggest in D1 history. I'm sure Delaware had a fun trip back home.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you an NCAA men's basketball fan? [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
Is that the whole thing or is that just a leak/sampling?

In other fun news, Drexel came back from a 35 point deficit yesterday, biggest in D1 history. I'm sure Delaware had a fun trip back home.

Seems to be the entire report, for now. Who knows what else the FBI has that wasn't released?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just saw the "bombshell". I agree that $400 really isn't a big deal when compared to $10K or $70K, but where do you draw the line?

I also have to think that ALOT of the coaches on these programs have NO idea that this agent was paying kids / parents. I mean how ARE they to know?!?!?

I was on my high horse until late last night. While I was on vacation in Mexico last week, Villanova signed Jahvon Quinnerly, who has previously committed to Nova, then after his mom was paid $25K by Book Richardson of U of A, signed with Arizona. After the scandal came out, he pulled out of U of A, and now is apparently coming to us. I'm so disappointed in Jay Wright. I thought we were better than that. I'm sad to see the "win at all costs" mentality has invaded our program. I'm not sure I'm going to watch if this kid is on the floor next season.
Quote Reply
Re: Are you an NCAA men's basketball fan? [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
I just saw the "bombshell". I agree that $400 really isn't a big deal when compared to $10K or $70K, but where do you draw the line?

I think it's more about the circumstances than the dollar amount. This money was paid to a parent with no indication that the player or school knew anything about it. The payment also occurred when Bridges was already committed to MSU, so this wasn't about recruiting.

I believe that Izzo runs a clean program. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but this doesn't appear to be evidence of that.

Brian Bowen grew up an MSU fan and it was assumed for a long time he would be a Spartan. Very late in the recruiting process he signed with Louisville out of nowhere. Come to find out, Louisville paid his family 100K. I take this as an indication that Izzo wouldn't play the game, but who knows, maybe he was just outbid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely. We went through the same scenario with Quinnerly. Suddenly, AZ is in the picture and he's a NY kid and going to school in AZ? Nova consistently puts out top notch guards, and suddenly this 5-star guard is off to AZ?.

Like you I pray Wright was not "outbid". I hope my program is clean.

The real info will come out if this agent, Andy whatshisname, gets taken to trial, and in court, starts naming names... if any programs / coaches were in on it. I think we have a long way to go to find out the truth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about the shoe company pay outs? They have tons more $$$ then some no name agent who does not know how to eval talent. I say tip of the iceberg.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
sto wrote:

I think it's more about the circumstances than the dollar amount. This money was paid to a parent with no indication that the player or school knew anything about it. The payment also occurred when Bridges was already committed to MSU, so this wasn't about recruiting.

I believe that Izzo runs a clean program. I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but this doesn't appear to be evidence of that.

Brian Bowen grew up an MSU fan and it was assumed for a long time he would be a Spartan. Very late in the recruiting process he signed with Louisville out of nowhere. Come to find out, Louisville paid his family 100K. I take this as an indication that Izzo wouldn't play the game, but who knows, maybe he was just outbid.

I think Izzo should win the tournament this year. And as he is accepting the trophy, he should whip out his dick, raise both middle fingers and say “fuck all y’all. I’m out”. And walk out of the stadium.
#dicksoutforizzo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Sure he will, if he wants to and if the NCAA doesn't issue a show cause against him. If you are a struggling program, don't you buy his schtick about not knowing, blah blah blah and take a chance? Geez, Bruce Pearl has a top 10 team right now and Auburn hired him while he was under a show cause. He was ousted from Tennessee amid violations and lied about it to the NCAA. Now his staff is knee deep in the FBI investigation. If you can win, you can get a job.

wondering if you still think pitino is going to get another job. do you think sean miller is going to get another job? and i don't think miller took the recruits from the airport straight to the strip club. he only took them from the airport to the ATM.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Are you an NCAA men's basketball fan? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
bluemonkeytri wrote:
Sure he will, if he wants to and if the NCAA doesn't issue a show cause against him. If you are a struggling program, don't you buy his schtick about not knowing, blah blah blah and take a chance? Geez, Bruce Pearl has a top 10 team right now and Auburn hired him while he was under a show cause. He was ousted from Tennessee amid violations and lied about it to the NCAA. Now his staff is knee deep in the FBI investigation. If you can win, you can get a job.

wondering if you still think pitino is going to get another job. do you think sean miller is going to get another job? and i don't think miller took the recruits from the airport straight to the strip club. he only took them from the airport to the ATM.

Sean Miller should be done. I don't see how he sits out,tonight but Ayton plays. Unless they get some smoking gun on Pitino like these wiretaps, I think he coaches again if he wants to. But his press appearances last few days have been bat shit crazy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next