Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gun Control Act of 1968
Quote | Reply
I have read that the Gun Control Act of 1968 is what "gives millions of young Americans the right to buy the deadliest civilian weaponry three years before they can legally drink alcohol."

My internet is down. Can anyone tell me who was in charge of the House, Senate, and Presidency when this was passed?
Quote Reply
Re: Gun Control Act of 1968 [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:
I have read that the Gun Control Act of 1968 is what "gives millions of young Americans the right to buy the deadliest civilian weaponry three years before they can legally drink alcohol."

My internet is down. Can anyone tell me who was in charge of the House, Senate, and Presidency when this was passed?

Two questions:

1) If your internet is down, how did you post?

2) Are you against 18 year old enlisted soldiers coming home and buying an AR15, a civilian (semi automatic, not machine gun) version of the M4 rifle that they risk their lives and serve the country with?

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DJRed wrote:

Would that be the same party that a former VP's (in the last administration) father belonged to who vote NO on Civil Rights legislation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know, but my 13 year old handles his rifle just fine. He has also shot my handgun (it even had a magazine that has over 9 rounds! GASP) and has used guns for target practice and hunting for a while (as have my other boys). They understand weapons and respect them. PARENTING and mental health are issues, not guns.

~Brad
Quote Reply
Re: Gun Control Act of 1968 [bradword] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bradword wrote:
I don't know, but my 13 year old handles his rifle just fine.

PARENTING and mental health are issues, not guns.

Narrowed this down to two points, for which I want to say, THANK YOU.

That is how I see it. I have been handling guns for years safely, responsibly, and without incident. I had parents that understood the laws, and the common sense aspect. Nobody is raised perfect, but in this aspect, my parents did a damn good job without a doubt.

Yours were very good points that I think need repeated loud and clear...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I didn't know and no one answered, president was Lyndon Johnson, and the senate and house were both democrat.

I will same my quick skim of the wiki on this act doesn't seem to agree with your view that this specific bill opened up gun ownership or expanded the options on what you could buy, but I did skim so I could be wrong.
Quote Reply