Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe the reason Trump has not implemented the recent sanctions is quite simple. Some of the wealthy Russians who will be financially affected are business colleagues and Trump is giving them time to move/divest assets to minimize the impact. These are people he will need beyond his term as POTUS and he will have a few favors he can call upon in the future.

When the time is right he will implement the sanctions.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another one bites the dust. This is the 20th person to be charged by Mueller. I believe all pretense of this being a hoax are “Fake News” . Based on Donald and Donald JR. tweets they are starting to panic. http://thehill.com/...es-with-making-false
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
, but it's also possible that there are a number of legitimate reasons for why Pres Trump hasn't enacted new sanctions yet.

If there are legitimately good reasons, and knowing how Trump likes to brag, you would think Trump may have mentioned them. The fact that he hasn't leads me to believe there are other factors in play.

He mentioned something about wanting closer relations and that sanctions won't make the country safer but those are pretty general statements and he has been largely silent on expanding on them.

Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
Another one bites the dust. This is the 20th person to be charged by Mueller. I believe all pretense of this being a hoax are “Fake News” . Based on Donald and Donald JR. tweets they are starting to panic. http://thehill.com/...es-with-making-false

At Mueller's current rate, I'm more worried about him finding out I skipped school a lot as a teenager than him actually charging Trump with anything.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:

Yeah, but if you watch Fox, as I did on the treadmill at lunchtime, they will tell you that this is all outrageous because these charges have nothing to do with Russia and there was no collision! They actually repeatedly called it a witch hunt and offered no measured thinking or discussion, no reasoned debate about how all these pieces could be linked, no comment about how there is still much we don't know, and no comment about maybe if these people were breaking the law they should be held accountable.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

At Mueller's current rate, I'm more worried about him finding out I skipped school a lot as a teenager than him actually charging Trump with anything.

He is definitely methodical. It would be nice if he could pick up the pace a bit and get to the end of this one way or the other. But I am not sure that is a realistic hope.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
j p o wrote:
mck414 wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

He is definitely methodical. It would be nice if he could pick up the pace a bit and get to the end of this one way or the other. But I am not sure that is a realistic hope.

You need to keep your ducks in a row when your investigation involves the president. But Mueller is certainly moving along. Recall that Ken Starr's investigation went on for over four years.

Leaving aside those Russian troll farmers, has one single person -- including that Dutch lawyer -- been indicted for anything remotely related to colluding with the Russians to steal the election away from Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit? Seems like it's either been for lying to federal investigators -- a process crime -- or for a bit of corruption related to things they were doing with Ukraine and Russia (a little Yulia "Gas Princess" Tymoshenko and Viktor "Russia's Best Friend" Yanukovych mischief) before they teamed up on Trump's campaign.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Last edited by: big kahuna: Feb 20, 18 13:47
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
spudone wrote:
j p o wrote:
mck414 wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

You need to keep your ducks in a row when your investigation involves the president. But Mueller is certainly moving along. Recall that Ken Starr's investigation went on for over four years.

Leaving aside those Russian troll farmers, has one single person -- including that Dutch lawyer -- been indicted for anything remotely related to colluding with the Russians to steal the election away from Felonia Milhous von Pantsuit? Seems like it's either been for lying to federal investigators -- a process crime -- or for a bit of corruption related to things they were doing with Ukraine and Russia (a little Yulia "Gas Princess" Tymoshenko and Viktor "Russia's Best Friend" Yanukovych mischief) before they teamed up on Trump's campaign.

The answer to your question is no. The context to the answer is in the post you responded to. But you knew both already.

Your question is what Fox has been asking for about 10 months. You're better than that.

If Mueller finds Trump et al have broken financial laws with Russian money, how will you respond?
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lisa Page, is that you? That must mean DieselPete is Peter Strzok!
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
spudone wrote:
j p o wrote:
mck414 wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

The answer to your question is no. The context to the answer is in the post you responded to. But you knew both already.

Your question is what Fox has been asking for about 10 months. You're better than that.

If Mueller finds Trump et al have broken financial laws with Russian money, how will you respond?

Don't care about Fox, or CNN, MSNBC or all the others. The question is a valid one. Where is the special counsel going with all of this? Because it sure doesn't seem like he's going anywhere near what was alleged, sometimes hysterically, beginning the day after the election in 2016.

Like I've said before, maybe he has something and he's just being methodical and it will all come out in the wash. But it sure doesn't look that way right now. Looks more like he's kicking at scattered ant hills and making a few cockroaches run.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Flynn gave false testimony to the FBI about his contacts with the Russian ambassador. The charges against Manafort and Gates included conspiracy against the United States and violating the foreign agents registration act. What you want to make of that - is up to you :)
-
I'll say again, keep watching the Flynn case, and as to Manafort/Gates, their crimes were years before having anything to do with the Trump team.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
spudone wrote:
j p o wrote:
mck414 wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

Don't care about Fox, or CNN, MSNBC or all the others. The question is a valid one. Where is the special counsel going with all of this? Because it sure doesn't seem like he's going anywhere near what was alleged, sometimes hysterically, beginning the day after the election in 2016.

Like I've said before, maybe he has something and he's just being methodical and it will all come out in the wash. But it sure doesn't look that way right now. Looks more like he's kicking at scattered ant hills and making a few cockroaches run.

Would you rather Mueller leaked some things to satiate your concerns, or continue to act in the professional manner he has to date?

By the way, have you read the original mandate of the scope of Mueller's investigation? It's pretty broad. Maybe you should be critical of Rosenstein (another Republican) instead, for giving Mueller such a wide berth. Or maybe allow them both to do the professional jobs they're doing, thankfully.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
spudone wrote:
j p o wrote:
mck414 wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

Would you rather Mueller leaked some things to satiate your concerns, or continue to act in the professional manner he has to date?

By the way, have you read the original mandate of the scope of Mueller's investigation? It's pretty broad. Maybe you should be critical of Rosenstein (another Republican) instead, for giving Mueller such a wide berth. Or maybe allow them both to do the professional jobs they're doing, thankfully.

Do you believe your first paragraph is consistent with your position about the sanctions not being initiated?

I don't know if it is I haven't thought through. That was my gut reaction when I read your first paragraph so I thought it good to challenge your positions

And I don't mean the professional manner as we both know that's not
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
xtremrun wrote:
Another one bites the dust. This is the 20th person to be charged by Mueller. I believe all pretense of this being a hoax are “Fake News” . Based on Donald and Donald JR. tweets they are starting to panic.
http://thehill.com/...es-with-making-false

Yeah, but if you watch Fox, as I did on the treadmill at lunchtime, they will tell you that this is all outrageous because these charges have nothing to do with Russia and there was no collision! They actually repeatedly called it a witch hunt and offered no measured thinking or discussion, no reasoned debate about how all these pieces could be linked, no comment about how there is still much we don't know, and no comment about maybe if these people were breaking the law they should be held accountable.

No "collision"? Funny stuff. By the way, did you or any of your fellow useful idiots on ST even read the indictment of the Russian's?

How about those grass roots anti-Trump rallies after the election. Talk about useful idiots. Is there anything funnier then a Leftist taken advantage of and not being bright enough to know they are being used?

http://www.foxnews.com/...russians.html[/font]
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironmayb wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
spudone wrote:
j p o wrote:
mck414 wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

Do you believe your first paragraph is consistent with your position about the sanctions not being initiated?

I don't know if it is I haven't thought through. That was my gut reaction when I read your first paragraph so I thought it good to challenge your positions

with respect, you will have to ask your question a different way, because I'm not sure what you're asking me.

BK was complaining about the lack of charges so far on collusion. I was asking if he'd rather Mueller leaked some information to satisfy his frustrations (sarcastically obviously). (By the way, as I have said many times, I doubt such charges will be brought, but I am suspicious there has been some criminal behavior with the Russians by Trump.)

The sanctions were put in place by Congress to punish Russia for its meddling, regardless of whether or not there was any collusion. Trump should implement them and it's outrageous that he hasn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
spudone wrote:
j p o wrote:
mck414 wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

This has been explained to you over and over. I believe the count is up to 357 just by me.

What people who are cooperating and get plea deals for get charged with does not necessarily have anything to do with what they know or will testify to. It may mean there is nothing or it may not. We don't know. Yet.

Nice try. Again. And again.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
ironmayb wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
spudone wrote:
j p o wrote:
mck414 wrote:
xtremrun wrote:

with respect, you will have to ask your question a different way, because I'm not sure what you're asking me.

BK was complaining about the lack of charges so far on collusion. I was asking if he'd rather Mueller leaked some information to satisfy his frustrations (sarcastically obviously). (By the way, as I have said many times, I doubt such charges will be brought, but I am suspicious there has been some criminal behavior with the Russians by Trump.)

The sanctions were put in place by Congress to punish Russia for its meddling, regardless of whether or not there was any collusion. Trump should implement them and it's outrageous that he hasn't.

Thanks

You and I have agreed for the most part previously on the sanctions and the role of congress

I think I have held out more possibility than you that they have not been implemented yet because of possibilities you and I may not be aware of but the administration is. Even though that is within the purview of the admin to do (even after congress). Your position seems to be they should be implemented and right now irregardless

With mueller I have said I support an investigation and that one continue at this point. But it should have a reason and a timeline. It shouldn't just continue on and on like someone kicking an ant hill looking for cockroaches (or whatever bks analogy is) I have said I don't know what those boundaries are. But I think there should be some and people like me sooner or later will stop supporting this if there is no meat on the bone

You seem more than prepared to let mueller run his course as he sees fit and give him the benefit of the doubt that he knows something we don't

These things seem a bit inconsistent to me
Last edited by: ironmayb: Feb 20, 18 17:30
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Mueller is actually moving quite expeditiously given what has happened so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
I think Mueller is actually moving quite expeditiously given what has happened so far.

Interesting answer thanks for your point of view
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope mueller has food testers and bodyguards. Indicting English Dutch lawyer son in law to Russian oligarch and putin bud could be dangerous to health. Putin wannabe trump may have some same ideas if mueller gets to close to Donnie jr and Jared.
Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there anything funnier then a Leftist taken advantage of and not being bright enough to know they are being used?

Oh the irony...

Quote Reply
Re: Mueller & grand jury issuing indicts on Russians [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Do you read entire threads. Or just your own repeating drivvle

Does anyone actually read all these threads?

I read to the point where you were asked by Kay why Trump would stop the sanctions against Russia. You of course ignored the question because there is no good way to continue to defend Trump and so moved on to finding faults with something else. In other words, you are doing the exact same thing Trump and his supporters do when they are faced with facts, start creating smokescreens.

I see you are back. Did you find posts 124-128 yet (waits patiently for apology......)
Quote Reply

Prev Next