Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for reviews of Kuat TRIO roof rack
Quote | Reply
Can anyone with a Kuat TRIO roof rack offer opinions?

Life IS an endurance sport. Finish Well
www.fwe1.net
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for reviews of Kuat TRIO roof rack [plainsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is slowtwitch. We only like hitch racks or awkwardly shoving a bike in through the trunk.
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for reviews of Kuat TRIO roof rack [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
commendatore wrote:
This is slowtwitch. We only like hitch racks or awkwardly shoving a bike in through the trunk.

It IS Slowtwitch! I already have a Kuat hitch rack, and require my roof rack to be matchy matchy!

Life IS an endurance sport. Finish Well
www.fwe1.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here...
I have a hitch mounted rack (KuatNV) but got the trio to mount on top of luggage bars over the bed of my truck. I liked the option of keeping the road grime and spray from getting kicked up the back of my truck all over my bike. When the bike is mounted up there, it only sticks up a bit over the top of the cab of the truck, not mounting on top like a car mounted luggage rack would be. (Plus it also allowed me to open and close the bed of my truck for full use...the NV only folds out at an angle which is great for hatch back SUVs but not a tailgate.)

I used it for the first time last week. I made it about 7 miles from home on the interstate. I ended up pulling over to a gas station as the whole bike was rocking left to right. I made sure that the fork mount was secure on the bike itself, which it was. The amount of movement I noted from the bike in the rear view mirror made me really nervous, so I took it off the mount and just put it in the back seat for the remainder of the drive.

I plan to get someone to sit in the bed of my truck (on neighborhood roads, low speed), so that someone can look at the bike and mount itself while I'm driving to make sure that everything is secure before I use it on the interstate again.

I know that some movement is to be expected and no mount can be completely rigid, but the amount of movement that I saw seemed more than what I usually see on my hitch mounted rack. I had nightmares of my bike flying off the back while on the interstate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had mine for 2 years now, and have used it for thousand of miles loaded. Over 4x4 routes, and mountain back roads. Love it. it just works for me. I tightened it well, it is stable and great. Simple.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for reviews of Kuat TRIO roof rack [Hennessyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a lot of movement of the bike while in the mount?
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for reviews of Kuat TRIO roof rack [Rdracer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. I have also drive behind the car, while my wife drives, and has been fine. Not sure if it matters, but I use the Aero shaped cross bars on the car, and the bracket from the bike rack fits perfectly around it. So, maybe with the square bars that happens? Not sure, but its been solid. Also i believe you can order it to use the same key as your hitch rack, just saying.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Trios on my SUV. I've had no issues with them and have carried both a mtb and a thru-axle gravel bike. No issues with bike rocking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one. Use it with TT bike, thru axle gravel bike, mountain bike and fat bike. It's my favorite roof top carrier. Seems much more stable than the Thule ones I have used in the past.

I use the square Thule load bars and very minimal movement if any.

-Mike

Vertex Fit Systems (http://www.vertexfitsystems.com) | Bikeworks (http://www.bikeworksma.com) | Russo Racing (http://www.r2tri.com)
Quote Reply