Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Because lawyers always make $130,000 payments for their clients [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
Perseus wrote:
veganerd wrote:
Perseus wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
I'm guessing you don't spend much time with evangelicals.

I try to keep my distance now but I am a Christian and attended a pretty conservative evangelical church in the U.S for 5 years. I'm pretty clear on what I heard in my men's groups about standing up for convictions against "liberal" politicians who want to destroy the fabric of the country with the erosion of family values. I'm pretty sure I haven't been sleeping for the last 40 years.

The evangelical silence on Trump is a disgrace.

What is it specifically that you want evangelicals to do?

Be consistent. Either family values are important to them or not. Its quite obvious they are not, so its time for them to stfu about them until they want to be consistent.

Respectfully, you didn't answer the question. What is you're looking for from evangelicals? Facebook posts? Peaceful protests? Calls for impeachment because of immorality?

Honestly, the Trump horse has already left the barn so I don't realistically see them doing or saying much about him at this point. In the interest of basic consistency, however, I'd implore them to simply put a fucking sock in it the next time they feel compelled to spew any sort of indignant bloviating about the Weiners & Frankens of the world somehow exemplifying the moral decay wrought from the Left. Vote for who you want (the royal 'you'; I don't mean you personally here), but spare us the charade that it's about upholding some sort of virtuous moral character or standards. "Family values" my ass...

Is that a fair answer?

This site needs a LIKE button! Excellent!
Quote Reply

Prev Next