Re: Abu Dhabi Start Lists Up [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did the Jersey Super League tri too IIRC
Quote Reply
Re: Abu Dhabi Start Lists Up [r0bh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
r0bh wrote:
Jackets wrote:
Only just caught up on this race was going to bring up the BBC commentary team as they were well off the ball with a lot of the race (even before reading the thread and realising someone had a penalty, no mention of that by the BBC) will be getting a Triathlon Live pass to watch the rest of the season.

Matt Chilton is a terrible commentator, I don't now why the BBC continue to employ him for triathlon. Occasionally they have Rob Walker who is so much better (he's also really good on the XC skiing/biathlon at the winter olympics). Actually the best commentator the BBC have used recently is Ali Brownlee! When he worked on the Nottingham Relays last year he hardly let Matt Chilton get a word in edgeways.

The pair of them thought they were watching a replay of Stanford crashing in the tunnel with Zaferes right next to her who was about 30secs infront of Stanford, took them about 10 secs to realise this and then click it was Coldwell.

The biggest howler came when she thought Lisa Nordin was Norweigen and he embarassingly corrected her straight away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
r0bh wrote:
Actually the best commentator the BBC have used recently is Ali Brownlee! When he worked on the Nottingham Relays last year he hardly let Matt Chilton get a word in edgeways.

I forget where I saw him commentate, but it was absolutely mind blowing how poised and insightful he was. It was a triathlon, and he definitely carried his weight and then some.

Superleague Jersey, he was brilliant!
Quote Reply
Re: Abu Dhabi Start Lists Up [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He commentated on the Mixed Team Relay event that they had in Nottingham last year on the BBC too; I think AB was supposed to be racing but pulled out at the last minute so they hauled him into the commentary box.

It was a pretty small event and didn't get much coverage but AB he certainly made it more interesting!
Quote Reply
Re: Abu Dhabi Start Lists Up [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree he is a great commentator, though he has to stop talking about slowing each other down when swimming next to each other.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Abu Dhabi Start Lists Up [messien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
messien wrote:
Strong riding from Henri 'Lionel Sanders' Schoeman here

I don't know enough to judge his TUE stuff (seems shady) but from a pure racing POV he earned it today. Best swim, got away/ stayed away, held on. I'm glad Mola didn't catch him.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Abu Dhabi Start Lists Up [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Anywhere to watch this race without the subscription?

Yeah, spend the money. Hours of trainer fodder! The recaps are nice for shorter sessions, and there are so many years on there.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
r0bh wrote:
Actually the best commentator the BBC have used recently is Ali Brownlee! When he worked on the Nottingham Relays last year he hardly let Matt Chilton get a word in edgeways.

I forget where I saw him commentate, but it was absolutely mind blowing how poised and insightful he was. It was a triathlon, and he definitely carried his weight and then some.

He was brilliant in the Super League Jersey stuff...such a difference maker. You can tell his passion for the sport.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply

Prev Next