Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 1 piece vs a 2 piece tri suit [guy2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guy2600 wrote:

- Do/can you swim with a 1 piece under a wetsuit? I'm assuming you do as I'm guessing it would be hard to put on when wet but have no idea.

- From what I understand, if you're moving to a 1 piece, you should be ready to pee in it during the race. Is this a common thing? Makes sense but want to confirm.

- I've heard a 1 piece has less padding than a 2 piece bottom which makes sense if you're going to run in it. How much more uncomfortable have people found this on the bike when making the switch?

- Besides applying chamois creme, taping nipples for the run, are there any other tricks to making a 1 piece work well?

If I don't need to change during the transitions and pee without stopping, that would save me more time than dropping 2k on wheels (I think).
I race in the suit... beginning to end, wetsuit or not. The kits are made to swim, bike and run.

I've never peed in a race.. outside of waiting in the water for the start... otherwise you can pee in anything. Was working a race a couple of years ago where a race leader on the run was in a kit that zipped in the back... he's screaming at a young girl volunteer "unzip me unzip me!!" Apparently no lanyard and unable to unzip... if you do get a kit, you can add a lanyard... my point here is have a plan if nature does call. It's not impossible to get out of the kit enough to hit a porta john if you have to.

I don't do anything other than put the kit on and maybe unzip it when I'm running... I use ITU style unzip in the rear kits for the most part. Kiwami is my go to.
Quote Reply
Re: 1 piece vs a 2 piece tri suit [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer a one piece for anything shorter than middle distance. you don't get the rubbing at the waist that you get in a two piece, things stay put better... The only issue with a two piece (especially ITU style rear-zip) for longer races is if you need to drop the kids off at the pool... (it's doable, I highly recommend getting at least one arm out before enterring a porta potty, the degree of difficulty drastically increases when you get inside...).
Quote Reply
Re: 1 piece vs a 2 piece tri suit [KG6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been looking at the 2XU x-vent for my wife as a fit. I found a solid review of them, however, I'm curious if you've had any bad luck or if you've ever used one. I don't want the same issue you had with the SLS3. Thanks.

Go where you feel most alive. |TriHub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swim with the one piece... wetsuit or not. I tend to wear a rear zip ITU style kit.

I've never peed on myself or had to stop for a restroom break. If I HAD to, I'd unzip if I weren't already and pull the kit down to take care of business.

I've not had any chafing issues with a one piece kit. My Roka TeamUSA kit doesn't have a pad at all and I'm fine when I race in it... I do mostly Olympic Distance racing and I'm only in the saddle for less than an hour. I wear Kiwami stuff outside of the Roka, they have pretty minimal pads and I'm fine, no hints of chaffing, use of cream, tape, etc. Great kits from Kiwami no doubt!

I am a little picky about my kits, I don't want to feel them or have them causing me discomfort... good fit and dissappears when I'm racing = good kit. The only thing I might do is unzip the back near the end of the bike or beginning of the run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven’t had great luck with a 1 piece. But I’m trying one more time this year with a zoot.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply

Prev Next