Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fizik Arione question - Tom ?
Quote | Reply
The Arione looks nice, but I have one concern: One of the problems with steep tri set-up is that the nose of the saddle interfers with my legs/butt when climbing out of the saddle.

The Arione is longer than a standard saddle, with longer distance from "center" to nose.

This will increase the "out of the saddle" problem ?

Or, can I mount the saddle with the nose at the same position as my old one, and comfortable sit 1-2 cm in front of the "centre" ? In this case the saddle will give me more flexibility - the option to adjust my position front/rear during the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Fizik Arione question - Tom ? [ajo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a good question, and one I should have addressed in my review. I'll ammend it to include this.

To answer your question, I have not had issues with my Arione on my triathlon bike. There has been no interference in climbing out of the saddle. Also, the nose of the saddle somehow manages to avoid snagging my shorts when I sit back down.

I think one reason why it works without creating interference is the saddle is pretty narrow. Also, finding th correct fore/aft position took me a while since the thing is completely different than any previous saddle I was on. In general, once I got it dialed, I had zero issues.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply