Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: 90s hardtail MTB frame
Quote | Reply
I had a 1996/7 Giant ATX840 (This guy without the fenders and the goofy long stem). I noticed that the geometry wouldn't be bad for a drop bar bike, and I decided to turn it into a gravel grinder. Unfortunately, when trying to extract the bottom bracket (which was seized all to hell) my chainstay cracked. But I want to do this now, just because. So I need a new frame. If you don't want to strip it I'll take your old grungy components as well, but you can keep your wheels. Canada preferred for shipping cost reasons. If you're in the K/W or Toronto region even better because I'll come and pick it up.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 90s hardtail MTB frame [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Because I'd like to do the U.S. (San Diego) version of this. Largish frame - I'm a ~58cm road bike type. Wanna make the retro-cool bomb-proof gravel grinder.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 90s hardtail MTB frame [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy to hear I’m not completely insane!

I would need a largish frame as well; the Giant is 21.5 inch, whatever that means :-)

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for the Monday crowd

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 94 specialized Stumpjumper frame I could part with. It might be a medium tho... let me know if you have any interest in it and I’ll get a size and specific model to ya...

#BeADecentHumanBeing
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 90s hardtail MTB frame [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got an early 90's Raleigh MT600 MTB hanging in the garage if you're interested. Built up with XTR 8 speed all the way . Al frame in good shape and surprisingly low mileage given the vintage. Size is 18" if memory serves - I'm on a 57 cm road bike and 6'1" if that helps. Fork is a Rock Shok Judy XC which is badly in need of service. One problem - the seat post is WAY frozen. If you're interested, let's talk.

http://www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 1993 Paramount R-80. Lugged Prestige tubing. XT group. V-brakes. PDG-Ti saddle.. Manitou Mach 5 fork. Gently ridden and cared for.
This picture is not my bike. But it is a good representation.[/img]

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 90s hardtail MTB frame [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zeusrun wrote:
I have a 1993 Paramount R-80. Lugged Prestige tubing. XT group. V-brakes. PDG-Ti saddle.. Manitou Mach 5 fork. Gently ridden and cared for.
This picture is not my bike. But it is a good representation.

That looks what I'm looking for, but from previous discussions with the correspondents above it became clear that shipping from the US is so expensive to be pointless. Therefore I am at this point only interested if I can pick up the bike myself. Which restricts us to roughly Southern Ontario between Kingston, London, and Barrie.

Quote Reply