Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: #3 at DOJ leaving [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
dave_w wrote:
CIA's John Brennan also knowingly lied to congress. On the Brennan and Trump/Comey/collusion front, there is an interesting piece here:
-
How CIA Director John Brennan Targeted James Comey
News of the News: The Russia investigation put the FBI in a bind well before Trump ever landed in the White House
By Lee Smith
http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/255020/how-cia-director-john-brennan-targeted-james-comey

What's the lie? The article mentions several times Brennan testified to Congress, but I can't find a central, explicit lie related to "RussiaGate" that's the basis of the article.

I'm not trying to claim there's no lying. I'm just a little confused because while the article does mention several times Brennan briefed Congress (particularly in August 2016), it doesn't make it super clear which time he was lying, and what the lie was. It does mention a specific lie about the 2014 issue with the CIA spying on Senators who were investigating the CIA's torture programs. But that seems to have little to do *directly* with the current events....it had nothing directly to do with Russia, Trump, Hillary, Comey, or the FBI.
-
I did not mean to directly tie those two; more the Brennan lies, without accountability, just feeds my problem that our intelligence agencies have no oversight, and literally could be king (okay, president) makers if they chose. The article's author seems to have real problems with Brennan, and the political operatives the guys at the tops of our agencies seem to be. Interesting piece either way.
Quote Reply

Prev Next