Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Powertap P1 - Warranty PSA [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The P1 has been out for awhile and I can't imagine power tap isn't working on an evolution of the P1 to be more competitive with the Vectors and DUOs. Ive had my DUOs for a few month now and so far they've been great and although it'd be nice to have them look as clean as the Vectors just the fact that they're so user serviceable outweighs any visual appeal they lose to the Vectors.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 - Warranty PSA [Tifosi01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea on typical response times from Powertap/Saris through email? I emailed them 2 weeks ago to report an issue with my p1 pedals - right side pedal is no longer discoverable to any of my devices. I have tried connecting to my 920/iPhone/iPad and have no success. They sat idle for 7 months and at the end of February I started training again and wasn't getting a connection. I pulled the battery out and popped it back in, this allowed me to get a connection long enough to the right pedal to update it via the Powertap app, however, after that, I've not seen it as a discoverable device since the update. I've swapped multiple new batteries (lithium), tried using the old battery caps, different torques on the caps. Nothing. My 2 year warranty expires in June.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 - Warranty PSA [boyle_supremacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boyle_supremacy wrote:
Any idea on typical response times from Powertap/Saris through email? I emailed them 2 weeks ago to report an issue with my p1 pedals - right side pedal is no longer discoverable to any of my devices. I have tried connecting to my 920/iPhone/iPad and have no success. They sat idle for 7 months and at the end of February I started training again and wasn't getting a connection. I pulled the battery out and popped it back in, this allowed me to get a connection long enough to the right pedal to update it via the Powertap app, however, after that, I've not seen it as a discoverable device since the update. I've swapped multiple new batteries (lithium), tried using the old battery caps, different torques on the caps. Nothing. My 2 year warranty expires in June.

Why don't you just call them? They always answer.

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 - Warranty PSA [boyle_supremacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and actually check that it isn't the common garmin bug. Often, a garmin head unit will say "right side missing", when it really isn't.

Make a data screen that shows power balance. If a side is truly missing (PT's fault), then the balance will say 100/0. If it is the Garmin bug, it will say ~50/~50.

(Of course, you say that it is the same on i-devices, but still worth a super quick check)
Quote Reply

Prev Next