Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb?
Quote | Reply
What happened to the Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb release?. Some of the pros have been using it for months...
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [Chuckie M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
its only the 6th.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [Chuckie M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well now February is basically over =) If I am not mistaken Oakley also removed the "February" from their website, it now says "coming 2018".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we have any data on the aero helmet as to how it compares in the wind tunnel? I like it as far as style and I imagine it has a killer visor but hate to hold out to buy it without knowing how it stacks up performance-wise.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben6 wrote:
Well now February is basically over =) If I am not mistaken Oakley also removed the "February" from their website, it now says "coming 2018".

yup. i’ve been anxiously awaiting the aro7. i’ll just pick up an aerohead for now since it’s a solid tried and true helmet and give oakley some money next year maybe.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wheels of Bloor in Toronto had the helmet in an Instagram story from the shop a couple of days ago. So they have at least a few.
Last edited by: TOTRI: Feb 27, 18 10:10
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
i’ll just pick up an aerohead for now since it’s a solid tried and true helmet
Is it?
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are into March and it keeps saying coming soon...maybe be ready by 2019?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No idea.

However i did see Nino Schurter using some kind of new EV model that looked like a new jawbreaker at cape epic prologue yesterday.

EDIT: i wasn't the only one spotting it
https://cyclingtips.com/news/new-oakley-flight-jacket-sunglasses-spotted/

Last edited by: Fusion: Mar 19, 18 2:41
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im a big fan of oakley and sunnies in general....its expensive keeping up with the jones' with aero stuff, sunnies etc...but these are horrible looking...you link says it doesnt exist anymore so heres another:
https://www.eyewearthese.com/...401-sunglasses-2018/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an ARO 5 helmet. Got it 2 weeks ago.

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Mar 20, 18 12:18
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I have an ARO 3 helmet. Got it 2 weeks ago.

My LBS has these as well. I'm guessing most folks here are interested in the Aro 7.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [kwikfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting my Aro 5 today.
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:

My LBS has these as well. I'm guessing most folks here are interested in the Aro 7.

Whoops... meant ARO 5. But yeah your right... most here seem interested in the ARO 7 or the super secret one Jan has been using which is different than the ARO 7.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:

Whoops... meant ARO 5. But yeah your right... most here seem interested in the ARO 7 or the super secret one Jan has been using which is different than the ARO 7.

Oakley has no plans to produce Jan's long tail Aro7 according to Jim Manton's comments on another thread. Apparently it has tested worse than the short tail so there's no reason to make it.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Oakley bike helmet and cycle gear range due for Feb? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talbot Cox Stated in his frodo helmet thread that Oakley had pulled it from their production schedule.

talbotcox wrote:
Spoke with Oakley about this. This is a prototype and they will not be releasing it. They have updated it since then as well.

So, they're working on another version that will probably be tested throughout this year I'm guessing.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply