Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Super Bowl LII [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting to the parade will be an adventure for me & D'Kid

“It’s not an adventure until something goes wrong.” -Yvon Chouinard

We have a Plan, a Plan B, a Backup Plan, and The Ultimate Plan which is "Fuck it; just go with the flow"

We will NOT be: climbing poles, punching police horses, eating shit from said horses, back-flipping off balconies, nor throwing batteries/snowballs of any kind

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Super Bowl LII [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are coming over from NJ correct ? How are you planning on getting there?

I almost went and bought septa tickets yesterday when it was announced, suggested you purchase early. Then decided I didn't feel like bringing kids down into a crowd that size. Getting separated is my only fear, not crowd behavior. Plus the weather and hassle to get there. The regional rail tickets already sold out.
I dropped the ball big time with not asking for keys to a condo that overlooks the art museum. Owners are away and have offered it to us for thanksgiving day parade. It would be an awesome place to watch from.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Super Bowl LII [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

South Jersey, yep = PATCO

Hopefully people down here will decide it's too much of a pain in the ass, and say "fuck it"

Which we still might, but as D'Kid said once "We tried like Champions, and failed like Heroes"

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Hopefully people down here will decide it's too much of a pain in the ass, and say "fuck it"

Which we still might, but as D'Kid said once "We tried like Champions, and failed like Heroes"

Goooooooooooooooood luck ! I've heard estimates the crowd will be anywhere from 2-3 MM people up to a high (exaggeration IMO) of 5 MM.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As the Eagles fan are out celebrating their Superb Owl victory, and eating horse shit, please remember that the Patriots LET you win. That is all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...er-Bowl-comment.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Leddy wrote:

Goooooooooooooooood luck ! I've heard estimates the crowd will be anywhere from 2-3 MM people up to a high (exaggeration IMO) of 5 MM.

My wife drove our daughter and two friends down there this morning and said she's never seen anything like that volume of people anywhere. She ended up dropping them off at the Girard St bridge and said there were just constant streams of people coming from all directions, and Kelly Drive was packed solid.

I work directly across the river from Conshy SEPTA station and when I got to work just before 8 it was just a mass of people over there.
Quote Reply
Re: Super Bowl LII [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a little bit of FOMA until I saw the art museum on the news. The crowd was enormous

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
My wife drove our daughter and two friends down there this morning and said she's never seen anything like that volume of people anywhere. She ended up dropping them off at the Girard St bridge and said there were just constant streams of people coming from all directions, and Kelly Drive was packed solid.

I work directly across the river from Conshy SEPTA station and when I got to work just before 8 it was just a mass of people over there.

So I take it y'all didn't bother to watch the bigliest inauguration gathering ever...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
https://youtu.be/cFQ6grwB2mE

That was sweet! Coach Pederson's legend grows by the day.

(No doubt Brady woulda lost it off his fingertips...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
I had a little bit of FOMA until I saw the art museum on the news. The crowd was enormous

Meanwhile, under the the Art Museum stairs—and the Lombardi Trophy—in the Spring Garden tunnel...

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Quote Reply
Re: Super Bowl LII [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
As the Eagles fan are out celebrating their Superb Owl victory, and eating horse shit, please remember that the Patriots LET you win. That is all.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...er-Bowl-comment.html

Talk about horse shit

Quote Reply
Re: Super Bowl LII [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OneGoodLeg wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:

So I take it y'all didn't bother to watch the bigliest inauguration gathering ever...?

I wanted no part of that shitshow today.. not an Eagles (or football in general) fan, and don't do well in big crowds of drunk people.

Most of my co-workers are based in Boston and were talking a lot of shit in the couple of weeks before the Superb Owl, so the last few days of phone meetings have been pretty funny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
D'Kid & I got up about the same time as we usually do, and we out of the house at 7:15A

We could have gone a little earlier, but she had to get her makeup just right [yeah, metallic dark green lipstick, very nearly the shame shade & sparkle of an Eagles helmet]

My biggest worry bead was that the lots at Lindenwold PATCO would already be full, or that the line of cars to get in would stretch for blocks, but NO! we cruised right in and managed to snag one of the last few dozen spots

Then we got into the first of many lines for the day

[note: you can NOT see the actual station from here]

That line took about an hour and a half to travel 6/10ths of a mile

Loaded onto the train fairly easily, and took the 15 minute ride over

We originally planned to try to get to The Clothespin, but we got swept up in the tide and washed up at Broad & Locust around 9:30

A chick climbed a pole

"Did you tip her?"

Nope, I was saving my cash for bootleg t-shirts

The Parade itself came by at 12:45

That's the trophy, and the back of Doug Pederson's head

Loud as fuck when they came by

D'Kid & I grabbed Chipotle on Walnut Street about 1:15, got a couple T-Shirts, then got in line again for the PATCO back [by which time my phone was practically dead]

This one was closer to 2 hours, and only 4 blocks [because 4 lines of about the same volume all flowed into the same little PATCO station at 10th & Locust], fortunately, there was a Wawa halfway

We got back to the car around 4

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your kid isn't a Lindenwold student, is she?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply

Prev Next