Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Facebook $200? [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Expenses came in higher than expected. Today it's just caught up in the Coronavirus market sell-off.

Interestingly, I sold half of my remaining position a few months ago right at his level, $200ish then watched it go up to $220. I'd like to see it form a base here than I'd likely add more. It's undervalued at $200.

Overall, FB has been very good to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first go with stock was when FB dipped a while back. Got in at $179 and when it kept going down it was scary for a little bit. The wife wasn't pleased but I enjoy trying to figure everything out with the pennies that I have.
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
$135...

Time to add more!!!

Down from 221 to just above 200 in 2 days... What happened? Seemed like they reported favourable numbers...
Let's see: They got sued by Blackberry for patent infringement, and lost. They are banned from Germany (FB, messenger and the WhatsApp) because of this. The lawsuit WILL make it over to US and the rest of Europe. A LOT of security hack/lost information from them as well recently.
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you ask anyone if they would pay to use Facebook, they always say no. I think that’s telling as to who feels they need it or like it.

Facebook is like McDonald's, no one admits they go there but they still have billions of customers.

I am on FB and go regularly to connect with friends around the world. I like to hear what my friends in places like Syria or Indonesia are up to and FB has been a great way to do that, without any cost to me.

There, I said it.
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
If you ask anyone if they would pay to use Facebook, they always say no. I think that’s telling as to who feels they need it or like it.

Facebook is like McDonald's, no one admits they go there but they still have billions of customers.

I am on FB and go regularly to connect with friends around the world. I like to hear what my friends in places like Syria or Indonesia are up to and FB has been a great way to do that, without any cost to me.

There, I said it.

I agree with you.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I want MJuric to come back on here and admit defeat to me. Like a decade ago he was saying that any good programmer could come along and make a better social network, and Facebook would be done. I said, not gonna happen.

I think I won.
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
$135...

Time to add more!!!

Down from 221 to just above 200 in 2 days... What happened? Seemed like they reported favourable numbers...

I didn't listen to the CC but the gist is even Facebook was spooked about Q1 and going forward. Something is a foot about how to track users and privacy. If they can't track users then the advertisers will only be willing to pay less as the ads will be inherently less effective. I'll have to dig some more into the privacy concerns and we will see what Google has to say on Tuesday as I would imagine they would be in the same boat. Regulation surely going to come from the EU first. Their expenses also are going thru the roof. Turns out all those 300-400k employees are not cheap to the bottom line. Whole market is skating on ice. Kind of shocked we didn't have a larger drop in FB akin to Q2 2018. Revenue was up 20% YOY, but expenses were up something like 40% IRRC.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
$135...

Time to add more!!!

I didn't listen to the CC but the gist is even Facebook was spooked about Q1 and going forward. Something is a foot about how to track users and privacy. If they can't track users then the advertisers will only be willing to pay less as the ads will be inherently less effective. I'll have to dig some more into the privacy concerns and we will see what Google has to say on Tuesday as I would imagine they would be in the same boat. Regulation surely going to come from the EU first. Their expenses also are going thru the roof. Turns out all those 300-400k employees are not cheap to the bottom line. Whole market is skating on ice. Kind of shocked we didn't have a larger drop in FB akin to Q2 2018. Revenue was up 20% YOY, but expenses were up something like 40% IRRC.

California already came out with a law this year that affects us; bank, brokerage, insurance. I’m not sure how it affected Facebook, but this is just the start. Anyone who makes money because of data sharing is going to get hit hard I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [Culley22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Culley22 wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
$135...

Time to add more!!!

Let's see: They got sued by Blackberry for patent infringement, and lost. They are banned from Germany (FB, messenger and the WhatsApp) because of this. The lawsuit WILL make it over to US and the rest of Europe. A LOT of security hack/lost information from them as well recently.

Should have sold my 15 shares at $224. 😂
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Not sure if you are still around. How badly will FB get hit today with all of the advertisers that announced that they are dropping FB over the weekend?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They’re caught in a vice: loss of ad revenue on one side vs increased moderation costs and loss of users on the other.
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
They’re caught in a vice: loss of ad revenue on one side vs increased moderation costs and loss of users on the other.

Good
Quote Reply
Re: Facebook $200? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
GreenPlease wrote:

Good

I'm holding to my earlier arguments FB is dying and a terrible long because 1) the vast majority of users are woman and old people and 2) many of the current and new user accounts are found to be fake.
Quote Reply

Prev Next