Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Retreat of Democracy?
Quote | Reply
Interesting info from the Economist Intelligence Unit on the state of global democracy.

https://www.economist.com/...18/01/daily-chart-21

I'm not suggesting the epoch of Liberal Democracy which ignited with the renaissance is coming to an end, but it is a troubling trend.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Re: The Retreat of Democracy? [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was interesting:

"Conversely, the most notable declines occurred in Indonesia, which fell from 48th place to 68th, and the United States, whose score dropped into the “authoritarian regime” category with President Trump showing a weak commitment to the separation of powers, stifling the media and encouraging or tolerating violence."

(JK)
Quote Reply
Re: The Retreat of Democracy? [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Source a little biased maybe. Stifling the media? Yep, Trump has really silenced his critics. And, separation of powers -- exactly how has he run roughshod over any branch of government [actions, not simply a comment]? And, oh yes, all you Trump hating lefties here are reluctant to post your views for fear that Trump will come after you. This place has become a beacon for TDS. Yep, democracy is dead in America.

Rest assured that things will only get better when Pelosi and Schumer are in power. We need more left wing anti-growth policies. That will really get the economy moving again...
Quote Reply
Re: The Retreat of Democracy? [Lagerhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lagerhead wrote:
Source a little biased maybe. Stifling the media? Yep, Trump has really silenced his critics. And, separation of powers -- exactly how has he run roughshod over any branch of government [actions, not simply a comment]? And, oh yes, all you Trump hating lefties here are reluctant to post your views for fear that Trump will come after you. This place has become a beacon for TDS. Yep, democracy is dead in America.

Rest assured that things will only get better when Pelosi and Schumer are in power. We need more left wing anti-growth policies. That will really get the economy moving again...

oh dear... you need to learn what "JK" means
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I did not catch that . . .. pink font next time? I thought it was just another excuse to bash Trump thread.
Quote Reply
Re: The Retreat of Democracy? [Lagerhead] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't use pink. Normally my sarcasm is so obvious it's redundant, or I add a wink or a JK.

By the way, per the source's possible bias:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-economist/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
I don't use pink. Normally my sarcasm is so obvious it's redundant, or I add a wink or a JK.

By the way, per the source's possible bias:https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-economist/[/quote[/url]]

It was obvious to all those without Trump Derangement Derangement Syndrom, also known as Trump's Cock Down My Throat Syndrome. I think Duffy was Patient Zero.
Quote Reply