Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you ID this movie?
Quote | Reply
It came out after Top Gun, few years later, I think. Happens on an aircraft carrier, one pilot flies F18, the other F-14. The F-18 pilot almost falls unconscious few times in his plane during the exercises but one day he totally blacks out and crashes into the sea but manages to bail out in the last moment. The search is under way to find him. I watched it on VCH so don't know if it ever made it to the theaters, it was kinda Top Gun copycat.
Thanks...
Quote Reply
Re: Can you ID this movie? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m not sure if the plot matches your description but Iron Eagle is the only one that I can come up with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Can you ID this movie? [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:
I’m not sure if the plot matches your description but Iron Eagle is the only one that I can come up with.

Sorry, no
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

probably not

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Can you ID this movie? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
probably not

But very cool to watch the trailer again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're not the kid that 10 or 15 years ago came on here and whistled a couple bars of a song (incredibly badly) and wanted to know what song it was are you?

Man, I wish I still had that .wav file. Still one of the funniest threads ever on this forum.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Iron Eagle?
Quote Reply
Re: Can you ID this movie? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They rocked F-16's in that masterpiece and used F-4's to simulate MIG 29 (IIRC). The only other movie I can think of that used the F-14 prominently was "The Final Countdown".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess you'll have to poke around the Internet Movie Plane Database until you find a match

http://www.impdb.org/...ouglas_F/A-18_Hornet

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry but you will likely never find the movie. Likely you are just misremembering and confusing it with some other movie. This is called the Mandela Effect.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry but you will likely never find the movie. Likely you are just misremembering and confusing it with some other movie. This is called the Mengele Effect.
Quote Reply