Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: On a Lighter Note - Yoga is White Privilege [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
It almost seems like many of these professors of not-really-science like sociology and psychology are going out of their way to find stuff to be offended about.

You're catching on, but delete the "It almost seems like" from your passage.

War is god
Quote Reply
Re: On a Lighter Note - Yoga is White Privilege [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
James wrote:

Let me get this straight. Your son believes the good ole days was during the period of slavery and/or segregation? What a racist piece of sh!t!

Before calling someone's son a "racist piece of shit", you might want to reread what he wrote. But, having failed to do that; maybe you should reread it now - and then publicly apologize to Thisisit.

I feel like that was a rather deliberate misinterpretation on his part (yeah, I just assumed his gender). It's almost like he just wanted to put someone down. IMO, others have been banned for less.
Quote Reply
Re: On a Lighter Note - Yoga is White Privilege [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:
James wrote:

Let me get this straight. Your son believes the good ole days was during the period of slavery and/or segregation? What a racist piece of sh!t!

Before calling someone's son a "racist piece of shit", you might want to reread what he wrote. But, having failed to do that; maybe you should reread it now - and then publicly apologize to Thisisit.

I feel like that was a rather deliberate misinterpretation on his part (yeah, I just assumed his gender). It's almost like he just wanted to put someone down. IMO, others have been banned for less.

No big deal. Just some fly-by comment. Sometimes when a regular* is an asshole it gets to me somewhat, given that I try to treat everyone here decently. But this didn't even register.

*Most of those have managed to get themselves banned.
Quote Reply
Re: On a Lighter Note - Yoga is White Privilege [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is the kind of thing that the guy that got Forge banned would say, since the only thing he contributes to the LR are comments that try to irritate and instigate. I wonder if he has two accounts.
Quote Reply
Re: On a Lighter Note - Yoga is White Privilege [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
It is the kind of thing that the guy that got Forge banned would say, since the only thing he contributes to the LR are comments that try to irritate and instigate. I wonder if he has two accounts.

Could be.

I miss Forge. There's no one here to openly advocate genocide these days.

I liked his brand of crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: On a Lighter Note - Yoga is White Privilege [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Way to go MSU - you needed some reasonable headlines for a change:

White people who do a downward-facing dog are contributing to a “system of power, privilege, and oppression,” according to a Michigan State University professor. | Fox News

http://fxn.ws/2DMC8wJ

Man. Who knew that yoga pants were the new Klan hoods? ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: On a Lighter Note - Yoga is White Privilege [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
JD21 wrote:

White people who do a downward-facing dog are contributing to a “system of power, privilege, and oppression,” according to a Michigan State University professor. | Fox News

That’s awesome! I’m going to hot yoga in the morning and it’s taught by an African American Woman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
No big deal. Just some fly-by comment. Sometimes when a regular* is an asshole it gets to me somewhat, given that I try to treat everyone here decently. But this didn't even register.

*Most of those have managed to get themselves banned.

I agree on your point and see things the same way. I have to respect someone before I care about their opinion of me. There are some here who could call me any name in the book and I would just laugh at them. But, I do think they should be called out if they try to insult someone's family.

And there are others, who, because they have earned my respect, could easily get me to reexamine my views/actions on topics because I do respect them. My opinions on gay marriage changed because of this place. It wasn't the people calling me names that influenced me - but the respectful, considerate people who took the time to have a conversation with me.
Quote Reply
Re: On a Lighter Note - Yoga is White Privilege [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
JD21 wrote:

That’s awesome! I’m going to hot yoga in the morning and it’s taught by an African American Woman.

Careful, boyo. You might trigger more than a few people around you. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: On a Lighter Note - Yoga is White Privilege [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtremrun wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
JD21 wrote:

Meh, we have a convenience store called Korner Kash & Karry, KKK for short. It's owned by east Asians. And just for BLeP, there's a pick up bar right across the street, the Moose Cave.
Quote Reply
Re: On a Lighter Note - Yoga is White Privilege [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Meh, we have a convenience store called Korner Kash & Karry, KKK for short. It's owned by east Asians. And just for BLeP, there's a pick up bar right across the street, the Moose Cave.

When I lived in NC there was day care center called something like Kids Kare Korner, something where they replaced the C's with K's. It had a big KKK sign mounted to the roof.

Always wondered, given it was NC, if they were actually trying to send some signal or were just clueless.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
racin_rusty wrote:
JD21 wrote:

Remember the good old days when learning health & exercise techniques from other parts of the world was progressive & open minded? I miss those days.

Yes, I read the article which quotes their paper. I mean they use a lot of big words and it sounds all fancy and everything, but I'm failing to see how white people doing yoga causes any harm.

One part of the article makes it sound like somehow a white person doing deculturalized (I made that up) yoga somehow interferes with an Indian doing it. Which seems like quite a stretch, but no more than the rest of the nonsense.

Pun intended?
Quote Reply

Prev Next