Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Florida is the Worst State in the Nation... in Every Way (Rankings List) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Francois: Jan 29, 18 5:37
Quote Reply
Re: Florida is the Worst State in the Nation... in Every Way (Rankings List) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not traveled to all U.S. states, but I've been to a number of them.

Florida? I've never seen the appeal. Been a number of times, and I always wonder, what on earth the attraction is for so many? OK it's warmer, but that's about it.

FWIW my favorite state and the one, I would pick to live in, would be Oregon. I've spent time in Portland and Bend. Those cities and the state as a whole seem to have everything that I personally find attractive - great geography, great places to explore the outdoors, progressive forward thinking cities, the ocean (although there is the risk of earthquake/tsunami), etc . . .

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might agree with Florida but that is the shittiest ranking and assessment I have ever seen. Hahah, so freaking stupid.

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Florida is the Worst State in the Nation... in Every Way (Rankings List) [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Winters are definitely the best part of Florida. The bays and gulf are great fisheries and I enjoy that, but having grown up here - the beaches are not appealing to me. Once you leave the beaches, the geography is pretty boring.

My wife and I have talked about moving somewhere, or at least spending winters here and experiencing other places the rest of the year. The biggest thing holding us back are leaving our family (parents/friends), and her job. In two years she will qualify for state retirement and she can find something else after that. She is a RN, so she has that going for her.

My income sources are not really that dependent on where I live, so we could move out west and see what it is like to live in Colorado, Montana, Oregon and Washington. We both think it would be fun to rent a house somewhere for 3-4 months and then move to another part of the country. We would probably keep a smaller house in Florida so we would have a place to call home.
Quote Reply
Re: Florida is the Worst State in the Nation... in Every Way (Rankings List) [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
     Yeah, I noticed that the same Thrillist publication recently rated worst winters, and Michigan came #2 after Minnesota. I certainly remember lots of Michigander snowbirds in Fl., so I don't think it's a secret. Climate does seem to be the main thing Florida has going for it; although as I get older I am finding blue hair attractive on the wimins, so maybe a retirement in Florida is best. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you..... thank you very much. : )

Quote Reply

Prev Next