Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My son is a dork and im now on a ticket hunt!
Quote | Reply
I offered my son (8 yo) a week on a beach for spring break but he asked to go to NYC to see buildings and monuments instead. So i booked us flights and he REALLY wants to go to the statue of liberty crown. The tickets to do that are sold out for our trip. 3/9-3/15.

Anyone know of a way to score some?

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: My son is a dork and im now on a ticket hunt! [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry. Cannot help. But must say that your son is cool. You are the dork. ;)

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: My son is a dork and im now on a ticket hunt! [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Sorry. Cannot help. But must say that your son is cool. You are the dork. ;)

He's amazing. Im a nerd ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
H- wrote:
Im a nerd ;)

says you. i'm with H-.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: My son is a dork and im now on a ticket hunt! [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
veganerd wrote:
H- wrote:
Im a nerd ;)

says you. i'm with H-.

You can call me whatever you want as long as you help me score some tickets!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do they only sell tickets online?
If there is a phone number to the ticket office call to see if there is a cancellation list or if they sell tickets the day off and times they go on sale.

Experienced the same sell out to other venues and a hotel conceirge told me they sell tickets to tour companies yet reserve a certain amounts the day (or two) prior for people that actually show up to the landmark.

Also you may contact your credit card companies like Amex, they offer tickets for their travel programs or offer other suggestions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Haha!! Sounds like my oldest! He’s obsessed with sky scrapers!! Alas, I am of no help - we just did a trip to NYC in late October and ran into the same problem. Nothing available to the crown but we could get pedestal tickets. It was fantastic. We had a 1:00 tour departure and it was too late to get to Ellis Island after doing everything at the Statue of Liberty so try to get an early boat departure if possible. 300 some steps to the pedestal. Hundreds more to the torch if you can score tickets. We couldn’t have done the torch even if we could get tickets because we had too many kids below the age requirement. I guess I’m just trying to say that even if you can’t get to the torch if you can at least get to the top of the pedestal it’s pretty cool.

Make sure you go to the visitor center and get your kid the Junior Ranger papers. A bunch of the answers are in the little building either on the wall or during the short video, but then you have to hunt for some little statues and a few other things on Lady Liberty herself. Then head back so he can become a Junior Ranger. My kids LOVE this stuff! They’ve done it at a bunch of National Parks.

And the restaurant had awesome food. We spent a a few hours just on Liberty Island - we’re bummed we couldn’t hit Ellis Island as we wanted to look up relatives that had come through. Anyways - have a blast!! We only had about 60 hours in NYC but we did so much in that short time. Can’t wait to go back and have more time.

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And when you get back from your trip buy him this if he’s into LEGOs at all:

https://shop.lego.com/.../New-York-City-21028

We did DC and NYC. One kid got the US Capitol and one this NYC set. They were so excited to build stuff they’d seen/been in!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to the crown of the statue. It is unbelievwabky disappointing. The view from the base of the statue is much better.

You basically spend an hour and a half climbing up stair inside the statue (interesting in and of itself I guess) only to get about 10 seconds to look out a small dirty window before you’re told to move along.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: My son is a dork and im now on a ticket hunt! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was my experience.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm liking your son a lot. Take him here, https://astrogallery.com Coolest store I have ever seen.

Buy him something, even something small. They have decent quality stuff for under $50. And let him look around at the other stuff for sale and fantasize about what else he wants.

While you are there go ahead and get me this T Rex tibia, https://astrogallery.com/...annosaurus-rex-tibia, I'll give you my address to ship it to.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: My son is a dork and im now on a ticket hunt! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why waste your time with a tibia when you can pick one of these from an old friend of mine
http://www.rescast.com/...ndex.php?q=theropoda

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know how to get tickets to the crown. But buy your tickets to the statue at the boat. If you buy them on the street you'll get the tour that sails past the statue. But do go for a ride on the Staten Island Ferry (free).

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Re: My son is a dork and im now on a ticket hunt! [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I'm liking your son a lot. Take him here, https://astrogallery.com Coolest store I have ever seen.

Buy him something, even something small. They have decent quality stuff for under $50. And let him look around at the other stuff for sale and fantasize about what else he wants.

While you are there go ahead and get me this T Rex tibia, https://astrogallery.com/...annosaurus-rex-tibia, I'll give you my address to ship it to.

Ok, this is cool as hell, and perfect!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Other cool things for an 8 year old boy:

Show him the movie "Balto" and then take him here. Central Park Zoo is also a 2 min walk from there.

Get a ferry from the World Financial Center to Liberty State Park and take him to the Liberty Science Center. Then jump in an Uber to take him go-cart racing nearby here in Jersey City.

If he likes basketball, the NBA store on 5th Ave. (not far from the Astro Gallery)

Get tickets in advance to the Top of the Rock (Rockefeller building on 5th Ave).
Quote Reply