Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

RIP Warren Miller
Quote | Reply
His films were breathtaking and the voiceovers were just fun.

https://www.outsideonline.com/...r-warren-miller-dies
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Warren Miller [dbarron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw that yesterday. End of an era for sure. I like Stump a bit more, but the Warren Miller films are an annual event at our house.

drn92
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Warren Miller [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ski Time was in heavy rotation at my house.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His films were an annual rite in the late 80's as the ski season approached. Good memories.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RIP. I spent many hours watching parts of his films over and over, then going out trying to emulate these things. I got really good at moguls and did a bit of cliff jumping. I even met Warren at a book signing in Vail and have a signed book. Back in the 80s he actually narrated several films in person as they were playing. I enjoyed his humor.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I quit watching the movies not long after he quit being the narrator for his films. I loved his sense of humor.

Before triathlon, I was really big in to skiing/snowboarding. With the passing of Warren Miller, it feels like another part of my past has passed as well. I have no connection to him, other than being inspired to seek out powder because of his movies, but it really made me sad to see him gone. RIP Warren Miller.....and thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought his autobiography.

Sadly, it arrived on the day he passed.

I love his sense of humor!
Quote Reply