Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How long is your commute? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
3mi. 10min. 50min if there is a football game in the swamp ;) guess that it may be more in DC.

I could coach you to a sub 50 3 mile 😀

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: How long is your commute? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimming and I'm game ;)
Quote Reply
Re: How long is your commute? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Swimming and I'm game ;)

Lol, I freely admit I am an average (at best) swim coach.

I reduced fees to 40$ can/month and now I am in the water. Basically a lane sheriff and math interpreter.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: How long is your commute? [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Up to Denver, CO. It’s about 35 mins in the morning and at night can range from 40-60+ depending on how many people forget how to drive. I think it’s about 20 miles or so each way. I drive up to by our old house park, since on street parking is free and bike the last mile in.

I’d bike commute in the summer but for all the trails and bike lanes we have, there is no easy way to get downtown that wouldn’t take me forever or have a high risk of death haha.

That's too bad you can't bike commute and no place in Denver should take you forever. I park at the University PNR and take the 470 trail to the Platte (about an hour on a bike and 1:15 coming home) or park at County Line RTD station and head to Cherry Creek and in on the CC path, also about an hour. I like the Platte River better, few roads and far less people on the trail. I hammer on the way to work and tend to take it a little easier on the way home. I only do it when it's warm and only 1-2 days per week.
Quote Reply
Re: How long is your commute? [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My commute is similar to yours:
Car (usual) - 5.5 km - 12-20 minutes
Biking (~ 12 times/year) - 5.5 km - 20-25 minutes
Running - My route takes me over a busy highway and the fumes kill me. Okay for biking but running is gross.

I used to work downtown and didn't own a car, I took transit or biked. I now work in a suburb off the main transit routes and it takes me three times as long to bus than to drive. Add to that getting to my workouts way on the other side of town after work became impossible so I caved and bought a car.

AutomaticJack wrote:
Car (Normal): 4.5 miles - 15 to 25 minutes

Biking (about a dozen times a year): 7.5 miles - 35 minutes

Running (Once in a while): 6.2 miles - 50 minutes

The distances vary because the most direct route is very dangerous for a bike or to run. Running is shorter than the bike because I can cut through a shopping center and golf course.
Quote Reply
Re: How long is your commute? [summitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
summitt wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Up to Denver, CO. It’s about 35 mins in the morning and at night can range from 40-60+ depending on how many people forget how to drive. I think it’s about 20 miles or so each way. I drive up to by our old house park, since on street parking is free and bike the last mile in.

I’d bike commute in the summer but for all the trails and bike lanes we have, there is no easy way to get downtown that wouldn’t take me forever or have a high risk of death haha.

That's too bad you can't bike commute and no place in Denver should take you forever. I park at the University PNR and take the 470 trail to the Platte (about an hour on a bike and 1:15 coming home) or park at County Line RTD station and head to Cherry Creek and in on the CC path, also about an hour. I like the Platte River better, few roads and far less people on the trail. I hammer on the way to work and tend to take it a little easier on the way home. I only do it when it's warm and only 1-2 days per week.

We live about as far south in highlands ranch that you can get which is the main reason it takes awhile. We’re also dead center of highlands ranch. If I was on the west side it’d be pretty easy. The time hit would be getting to over to cherry creek trail or platte trail to head north. It’s not a huge deal, but I wouldn’t mind it if it was a bit easier.
Quote Reply
Re: How long is your commute? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably not :) Although I recently did show my kids some Kids in the Hall shows. I left Ottawa in the early 90s after high school and just come for visits every year or so.
Quote Reply

Prev Next