Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FBI Kills Hostage...
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Kills Hostage... [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The short period when rescue teams are coming in and trying to secure the place where hostages are being held is one of the most dangerous times for someone in captivity. It can be very difficult for rescue teams to separate the good guys from the bad, and lots of bad things can happen. I hope this doesn't turn out to just be bad procedure or a bad choice by the agent in question, but I'm actually surprised we don't hear about more of these types of incidents.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Kills Hostage... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just hope it was absolutely necessary to go in when they did.

Sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know the agent who pulled the trigger. Great guy, great reputation. I know zero details about what happened though.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Jan 26, 18 6:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you practice and practice and practice this shit. Then you gotta do it and it's free flowing craziness.

I guess it goes better for CAG guys cause of all the intel and rehearsals they do and i would *think* it would be the same for FBI's HRT although they are the ones that brought us Ruby Ridge?

Recall we were taking a 'senior officer' who came up from Baghdad out to look over a voting Hq location for Saladin Province. Convoy of five armored gun trucks crawling thu a city headed towards the voting center. I don't know what the fuck the guy was thinking but as we came to a stop along the way (lead vehicle clearing something) I guess the general thought we were "there" so he casually opened his door; got out; and walked into the building we were beside!!! There was a short pause as we all sat there thinking 'that just didn't happen did it?' After a few heart beats I yell 'action right, action right, clear the building on the right' into my radio and we all un-ass our vehicles and flow into this building clearing rooms as we go flex cuffing folks and moving on till we find our clueless GO and get him back into his armored truck.

Jesus what a shit show. At least nobody got shot like in this sad case

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Kills Hostage... [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a little off topic, but I only just learned about Ruby ridge a week or two ago after someone (JSA?) mentioned it and I looked it up, and heck I live 65 miles from there. How had I never heard of it??

Anyways, carry on...
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Kills Hostage... [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:
i would *think* it would be the same for FBI's HRT although they are the ones that brought us Ruby Ridge?

Technically, the US Marshals started the Ruby Ridge shitshow. The FBI was brought in because we are lead agency in any FLEO felonious death. The FBI HRT's issue was the special rules of engagement they were given that were quite a departure from FBI's deadly force policy. More or less it was shoot any armed males on sight. 100% wrong.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Kills Hostage... [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  I am sure he is pretty beat up about the whole thing.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: FBI Kills Hostage... [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Copy all

Horiuchi is a fellow alumni although was several years ahead of me. A couple of my LTs got out during the big draw down after DS1 and became Gmen.

best of luck to you and stay safe brother

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Kills Hostage... [Koala Bear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koala Bear wrote:
This is a little off topic, but I only just learned about Ruby ridge a week or two ago after someone (JSA?) mentioned it and I looked it up, and heck I live 65 miles from there. How had I never heard of it??

Anyways, carry on...

Our local paper just ran a story a couple days ago in light of the new show coming out about the Waco, Tx Branch Davidian fiasco. Apparently one of the only 6 survivors lives in our city and was a primary consultant for the show.

Crazy to think you could just run into some random guy on the street and it's someone who experienced something like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Koala Bear wrote:

Anyways, carry on...

No internet?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: FBI Kills Hostage... [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Koala Bear wrote:

Anyways, carry on...

No internet?
I’ve got internet alright, I’ve just never even heard it mentioned until whenever it was mentioned a week or two ago, and then spent all morning researching it that morning. And then I see it here again. Never heard of it, then hear of it twice in two weeks 🤷🏼‍♂️
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Koala Bear wrote:
jkca1 wrote:
Koala Bear wrote:

Anyways, carry on...

No internet?

I’ve got internet alright, I’ve just never even heard it mentioned until whenever it was mentioned a week or two ago, and then spent all morning researching it that morning. And then I see it here again. Never heard of it, then hear of it twice in two weeks 🤷🏼‍♂️

How old are you? My daughter is 23 and doubt she would know much, if anything, about Waco.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply