Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BFR training
Quote | Reply

I came across an article on blood flow restriction (BFR) training on the Lava Mag website last night that piqued my curiosity, and I was wondering if anyone here has tried this and what your experience was with it?

http://lavamagazine.com/...estriction-training/

I quick search of pubmed shows that there's a decent amount of data on its efficacy. Specifically, I'm interested in it for injury rehab. I've been fighting a case of posterior tibial tendonosis that doesn't really want to go away. At face value, the claimed benefits of BFR training (increased blood flow, stimulation of growth hormone release) seem like they could be beneficial for injuries that are slow to heal. Anyone here tried it and have any feedback on it?
Quote Reply
Re: BFR training [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Research looks promising. Trying out a set of the Airbands after we interviewed founder (Joseph Marcus) for the podcast. I'm using similar to you - to allow for injury to heal while keeping some intensity in the routine. I'll try to remember to check back in a few weeks on how it's going. Would love to hear feedback from others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve not tried it and for whatever reason I can’t get the link to open, but I got stuck in to watching Michael Andrew’s YouTube channel to pass the trainer time a year or so ago and I know he’s a big proponent of it - I think it’s called Kaatsu.
Quote Reply
Re: BFR training [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Link doesn’t work due to this being a 3 year old post and Lava website is no more. I’d be interested in info as well in regards to this if anyone has a current link/info.
Quote Reply
Re: BFR training [newberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s definitely interesting. Wonder why it was bumped after 3 years - I hadn’t bothered to look at the date.
Quote Reply
Re: BFR training [newberg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I came to this subforum from the main one (Lavender), to find out if there was any talk of BFR...

Doing PT for my knee and they just had me do some BFR work... OMG... the machine they use, calibrates (cuts of blood flow to find max pressure than backs it down. You do a rep of 30 wait 30sec 15, 30sec, 15, 30 sec rest, 15, 30 sec rest than decompress.

Well the 30 sec of rest dont help much as their is not much blood flow. The last 15 are very hard.. the burn intense.. no clue if it helps build muscle faster. The science and logic makes sense, and the effect is real, you just get to spent muscles a whole lot faster and with way less load.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Nov 13, 22 7:14
Quote Reply