Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And a real engineer to tell you how much simpler it would be to just embed a washer in the frame and carbon over the top of it?
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [beavertriathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beavertriathlon wrote:
Has anyone designed a replacement for the stock bottle? Fairing? Storage?

I just cut my stock bottle open and use it for flat kit storage. Fits a tube, 2 CO2s, CO2 valve, Park Tools multitool, and two Pedros. Tape it shut with black duct tape and it looks pretty clean.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
I just cut my stock bottle open and use it for flat kit storage. Fits a tube, 2 CO2s, CO2 valve, Park Tools multitool, and two Pedros. Tape it shut with black duct tape and it looks pretty clean.

x2. Exactly what I did.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sadly, that frame seems one size to small.

Regardless, amazing. Can you explain the rear brake cable routing?

Clutch Cargo wrote:

Fit Video


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKlrnC4dZjQ

Eric Reid
AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Chapel Hill, NC
Aerodynamic Optimized Bike Fitting, Retul Pre-Purchase Bike Fitting, USAT Level 1 Triathlon Coaching, Nutrition
Ask me: Scody Optimized Speed Suits | CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Systems | HUUB Skinsuits and Wetsuits | Ventum Bicycles and Frames
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Small? I'm 5'9'' and saddle H of 72
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well based on the fit video, which shows spacers and you needing more reach, I'd say the next size up P4 would work also.

so, how'd the rear brake go?

thanks,
Eric

Clutch Cargo wrote:
Small? I'm 5'9'' and saddle H of 72

Eric Reid
AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Chapel Hill, NC
Aerodynamic Optimized Bike Fitting, Retul Pre-Purchase Bike Fitting, USAT Level 1 Triathlon Coaching, Nutrition
Ask me: Scody Optimized Speed Suits | CeramicSpeed Oversized Pulley Systems | HUUB Skinsuits and Wetsuits | Ventum Bicycles and Frames
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rear brake housing is no problem
With the Aduro bar the brake housing would normally stay inside the bar and go down into the frame.
I routed it out the slot in the back down into the normal hole for the brake housing.
We all know about the OEM rear brake its ok I keep it clean and adjusted and keep the pads clean as well.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back to the fit ,detail #

Saddle H 71.5 (PN 1.0)
Set back -3
Crank 160mm
Saddle to back Pad 52
Saddle to Shifter 84
Pad drop 11.5

Pad(center) reach 510
Pad stack 560

I only have 2cmm of the Aduro spacers,at the present time I'm 12lbs over race weight and can possibly remove 1cm of spacers in 2 months or less.
My calculation was I would not get the drop on a 54
I could move out just a little for now reach, but it feels good for the 3 road rides I have done.
I think the quality of the video is a little distorting and really just a snap shot.You can not get a detailed fit via video must be hands on.I appreciate your view I'm that guy right in between sizes.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [notaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
notaero wrote:
I made a bolt hole adaptor - there is another to thread here on slowtwich where people are doing the same thing. Thanks for the reply.

can you post any pics on how you have the matura brake set up in the rear of the bike?

And...if you were able to do this...I am guessing a trip-rig brake could work back there too then???
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
beavertriathlon wrote:
Has anyone designed a replacement for the stock bottle? Fairing? Storage?

I just cut my stock bottle open and use it for flat kit storage. Fits a tube, 2 CO2s, CO2 valve, Park Tools multitool, and two Pedros. Tape it shut with black duct tape and it looks pretty clean.

Probably a long shot, but I figure people running P4s would be best to ask. Does anyone have a spare bottle/cage?

Contacted Cervelo and they have no spare parts for the P4 anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
Richard Blaine wrote:
beavertriathlon wrote:
Has anyone designed a replacement for the stock bottle? Fairing? Storage?


I just cut my stock bottle open and use it for flat kit storage. Fits a tube, 2 CO2s, CO2 valve, Park Tools multitool, and two Pedros. Tape it shut with black duct tape and it looks pretty clean.


Probably a long shot, but I figure people running P4s would be best to ask. Does anyone have a spare bottle/cage?

Contacted Cervelo and they have no spare parts for the P4 anymore.

I was lucky, apparently, last year. They sent me two. I'd like to hang on to them though, but on the other hand I haven't had to replace the original one in the 6+ years I've owned my P4.

Let's do this: if you really need one, let me know. If I'm still on my original 'bottle' then, you can have one of my spare ones.

I don't have a spare cage.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
TriowaCPA wrote:
Richard Blaine wrote:
beavertriathlon wrote:
Has anyone designed a replacement for the stock bottle? Fairing? Storage?


I just cut my stock bottle open and use it for flat kit storage. Fits a tube, 2 CO2s, CO2 valve, Park Tools multitool, and two Pedros. Tape it shut with black duct tape and it looks pretty clean.


Probably a long shot, but I figure people running P4s would be best to ask. Does anyone have a spare bottle/cage?

Contacted Cervelo and they have no spare parts for the P4 anymore.

I was lucky, apparently, last year. They sent me two. I'd like to hang on to them though, but on the other hand I haven't had to replace the original one in the 6+ years I've owned my P4.

Let's do this: if you really need one, let me know. If I'm still on my original 'bottle' then, you can have one of my spare ones.

I don't have a spare cage.

I really appreciate that! I had a response to my “WTB” thread on the classifieds. Got a bottle that is new and one that was cut for a flat kit.

Now I need to either build a custom cage, or duct tape the shit out of it haha
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am just using Velcro tape along the bottom/back of the bottle, then on the downtube/seatube. I have the bottle sliced on top and shove a flat kit (inside a soft sun glasses bag) inside the bottle. Has been working flawlessly for me.

But if you need a bottle down there for drinking during a ride, it may be a bit difficult to remove and replace with this method.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
The battery,I used the smaller UCI seat post so the battery would not fit.
I dropped the fork out and installed in through the head tube in the upper part of the down tube.

I opened up the the lower opening and RD opening with a drill bit.Once you go Di2 you never go back to mechanical ;-)

Mounted EW-R910 junction A on Aduro cover
I was going to ask why you went with that seat post when the rest of the bike is not UCI configured.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
I am just using Velcro tape along the bottom/back of the bottle, then on the downtube/seatube. I have the bottle sliced on top and shove a flat kit (inside a soft sun glasses bag) inside the bottle. Has been working flawlessly for me.

But if you need a bottle down there for drinking during a ride, it may be a bit difficult to remove and replace with this method.

I may be dense, but why would you replace/remove the original cage? I've cut my bottle horizontally on 3 sides, along the top edge (so it folds open), and use duct tape to keep it closed. Still fits in my cage? Or is this to defeat some demented UCI rule because they consider the cage a fairing?

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Richard Blaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard Blaine wrote:
...but why would you replace/remove the original cage? ...

I never had the cage. Bought the frame used without bottle and cage, and was able to find a bottle only for sale at R&A cycles online.

Bottles can occasionally be found for sale, but I have never seen a cage without a frameset.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Richard Blaine wrote:

...but why would you replace/remove the original cage? ...


I never had the cage. Bought the frame used without bottle and cage, and was able to find a bottle only for sale at R&A cycles online.

Bottles can occasionally be found for sale, but I have never seen a cage without a frameset.

Ah gotcha.

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

One year later made changes.
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Dec 27, 18 4:12
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks great! Welcome to the world of properly functioning P4 brakes :)

I think the front looks much better without the brake cover. I feel the cover just adds a bit more frontal area to the beautifully narrow head tube.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree it looks better without brake cover. Something I need to keep in mind as I build mine up. How did you attach the Xlab bento to the top tube? I have at least one idea how to do it, but I'm curious how you did so.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes a the FB cover is too much for fork /head tube area

I had the painter put in bottle bosses on the top tube
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That brake looks to be tucked up there pretty tight to the frame on the rear. Spill on your mounting solution.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used one of the 3D print adapters(plastic?)
I have someone who will make one out of aluminum.
The 3D one for me is not a permanent solution.
Also with the aluminum one I will be able to use three mounts to the bike frame not two.
Once I have it to my liking I will put the cover on with some modifications.




Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Dec 30, 18 10:15
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice, a few days ago I bought a never used p4 frame/fork. Some of the rear brake bits are missing and was thinking of how I can mount a diff brake on it, Id like to do just that and mount a tri rig without the cover, I dont have the means to make stuff like that, although I suppose if im ambitious I could take a bunch of measurments and buy a diy carbon kit and drill holes in it afterwords, my distributor still has complete rear brakes though too. Also missing were the bottle and cage, which I dont think I'll ever find by the looks of things.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slick bike!
Quote Reply

Prev Next