Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tell me again how teen sex is natural and healthy [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although STDs are really beyond the scope of this discussion, it does not appear to me that adults are at the same risk of them as teenagers. In other words, sex does not present the same risks as it does to teenagers. More data for you to reject with your (you're) keen insight into the mind and behavior of the domestic teenager:
  • Compared to older adults, adolescents (10- to 19-year-olds) and young adults (20- to 24-year-olds) are at higher risk for acquiring STDs for a number of reasons: they may be more likely to have multiple (sequential or concurrent) sexual partners rather than a single, long-term relationship; they may be more likely to engage in unprotected intercourse; and they may select partners at higher risk.
  • Sexually active teenagers and young women are especially susceptible to the STD chlamydia because of the characteristics of the cells that form the lining of the cervical canal.
  • younger women consistently have higher positivity rates of chlamydia than older women, even as prevalence declines.
  • Among women, 15- to 19-year-olds had the highest rate of gonorrhea in 2000 compared to all other age categories
  • In addition, 20- to 29-year-old women had the highest rates of primary and secondary syphilis in 2000
  • Among men, 20- to 24-year-olds had the highest rate of gonorrhea and fourth highest rate of primary and secondary syphilis
  • In 2000, the highest age-specific gonorrhea rates among women and the third highest rates among men were in the 15- to 19-year-old group

• "People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tell me again how teen sex is natural and healthy [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Give them condoms. Teach them to use condoms. Accept that you won't stop them all from having sexual relations, so the best service you can give them is support minimizing their risk.

Also, explain to these young ladies that you can get all kinds of nastiness [except pregnancy and AIDS] from giving oral sex. Explain proper protection for that as well.

Chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis are nearly impossible to spread with proper use of condoms.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tell me again how teen sex is natural and healthy [Alpern] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Give them condoms. Teach them to use condoms.

I'm confused again. I thought you were recently saying that we already teach kids all about sex, and they already know all this information. You meant to say that we're only teaching them about abstinence, and they are somehow unaware of condoms? We don't teach them about the risks of unprotected sex? That's news to me. I am under the impression that we already teach them about the dangers of unprotected sex, and yet, they still seem to have plenty of it.

Accept that you won't stop them all from having sexual relations

Well, I do accept that fact. I have never said otherwise. What I would like you to accept is the fact that we can reduce the number of teens who have the risky act of sex. I was under the impression, as I said, that you thought we could. Now, I guess you think we can't. I ask again- who is it who's really giving teens more credit?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tell me again how teen sex is natural and healthy [kangaroo] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    I see you've got nothing better to do with your time than whine like a baby because you don't like when people disagree with your cockeyed view of life. Do you have anything to add to this thread that is more useful than your previous statement?:

"Old enough to bleed ...old enough to butcher!"

Yeah,...I didn't think so.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tell me again how teen sex is natural and healthy [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    "Old enough to bleed ...old enough to butcher!" - roo

Boyo that was posted so early in this thread I had already forgotten about it. Looks like I really am that lucky having you hang on my every word.

Anyway it was my lame attempt at making joke. But if you think about it, it really rings true. Without all our artificial societal customs, as with natives, the moment a female ovulates she becomes ripe for impregnation....sometimes I wish I were a native!

Here's a cut, pace and a li'l mod from my previous statement -

"In such (slowguy) argument there is unlimited licence. Because rellevance doesn't matter. Shovelling of BS by the bucket loads doesn't matter. Even stark contradiction in broad daylight doesn't matter..... ...The only thing that does matter to you, is that ......you're still arguing."

You've been doing such a good job thus far. Hope you don't give up the ghost just because of my comment here.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Tell me again how teen sex is natural and healthy [kangaroo] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    "Anyway it was my lame attempt at making joke"

Yes, yes it was...lame that is.

Still waiting for you to offer anything of value with regard to the subject at hand. Not holding my breath of course...

Slowguy

Quote Reply
    Re: Tell me again how teen sex is natural and healthy [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    "Not holding my breath of course... "

Why not? Don't sell yourself short. You would be just the guy to pull it off ..... holding your breath on top while you keep the conversation coming from below. .... way to go Dude!
    Last edited by: kangaroo: Dec 18, 05 19:21
    Quote Reply
    "Tell me again how teen sex is natural" [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    You don't really need for me to tell you about it, do you?

As for natural, marrying age in victorian era was 14. Was it unnatural then?
    Quote Reply
    Re: "Tell me again how teen sex is natural" [el fuser] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    You don't really need for me to tell you about it, do you?

Yes, please do. Tell me all about how teenage sex is natural and healthy. Lots of other people are ignoring the evidence, why shouldn't you get a chance?

As for natural, marrying age in victorian era was 14. Was it unnatural then?

As I've said, the age at which sex generally moves from risky to non-risky behavior is no doubt influenced to some degree by societal norms, in that certain societies expect and inculcate maturity from people at different ages.

Of course, one difference between the Victorians and us is that the marrying age was much younger for them. One might suggest that the dynamics of marrying young in the Victorian era were entirely different from the dynamics of today's teenage sexual activity.

But generally, no- I don't think that the Victorians' ideas about sex and marriage were natural or healthy. You aren't really going to hold them up for emulation in matters of sex, are you? More irony, I guess.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
    Quote Reply
    Re: "Tell me again how teen sex is natural" [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    "One might suggest that the dynamics of marrying young in the Victorian era were entirely different from the dynamics of today's teenage sexual activity. "

C'mon Vitus,...now you're just being unreasonable. You mean to say the Victorian period wasn't the same as the MTV period? Poppycock!

Slowguy

Quote Reply
    Re: "Tell me again how teen sex is natural" [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Apparently the Victorian practice of getting married around 14 years old is a bit of a stretch anyway. It seems that most women of the Victorian era got married between the ages of 18 and 23. So much for that point, whatever it was supposed to prove.

Quote Reply

Prev Next