Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is this the "taking responsibility" that everyone was looking for? [KLinggi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daddy's probably already got a dozen jobs lined up for him. Hell there are probably a few companies he can run into the ground. Yeah, I'm sure he's not concerned about his future. Something will be handed to him just like it always has.

Well, one thing he's got on his resume that you or I won't have is "Former President of the United States". But I forget, he didn't have to do a damn thing to get that job, either, other than defeat a supposedly superior Democrat candidate in both '00 and '04. I guess P.T. Barnum was right. At least, according to your read on the subject.

T.

Quote Reply
Re: ahh.. Fatmouse [Fatmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey FM. I'm sure they'll come around to my way of doing things - they seem like the kind that's easy to mold. :) Oh, that reminds me, I need to talk to Dan about making some emoticons available - that would make it cozy like the other place. :)

I've been coming here for awhile - and even occasionally dropping tidbits of wisdom as evidenced above. Sadly, the people here are too dense to come over to my side - even though they seem quite pliable and easy to influence.

They have a triathlon forum here? Do they allow OT subjects on it? I bet it's probably pretty boring, huh?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this the "taking responsibility" that everyone was looking for? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The man's made it clear that he doesn't make strategic war decisions based off of some nebulous poll, or what the average Joe in the street thinks we should or shouldn't be doing in Iraq.

It does appear however, that he accepts responsibility, based on the polls.

You sir, are my new hero! - Trifan 11/13/2008

Casey, you are a wise man - blueraider_mike 11/13/2008

Casey, This is an astute observation. - Slowbern 11/17/2008
Quote Reply
Re: ahh.. Fatmouse [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"...tricked these brilliant legislators into believing him. Even when these brilliant legislators knew that he was a moron - they bought into his story instead of reading through the same information that was available to them."

Funny how that works during a time of unity. Dubya chest-passes the 9/11 basketball into every legislator and citizen's face for months...the entire USA is still reeling from the shock of 9/11... every citizen wants action- nay, DEMANDS action.... it was a time of national unity following 9/11.

It was a gigantic sell job going on from all parts of the Bush administration - hell I believed him!! They got WMD? You can prove it but don't want to tell us/give away the secrets so our military can succeed? Go get him!!!!!

Congress voted on their emotions, and Dubya capitalized on it. The rest is history. Funny how you neocons mock the legislators during that time of unity. Bush's actions and your attitude will make sure that never happens again.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this the "taking responsibility" that everyone was looking for? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...other than defeat a supposedly superior Democrat candidate in both '00 and '04. I guess P.T. Barnum was right. T.
Well, I do think the Dem candidates were superior (or at least had views that were more in-line with my own), but I'm not ignorant enough to think that's what gets you elected. Besides, I think we needed to be the laughing stock of the world for a few years, just to deflate our "world power" ego.

http://www.churchofcycling.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The man's made it clear that he doesn't make strategic war decisions based off of some nebulous poll, or what the average Joe in the street thinks we should or shouldn't be doing in Iraq.

So that begs the question - what DOES he base his decisions on? (btw - "strategic war decisions" in this case is an oxymoron)

Whether he's right or wrong, or whether you feel offended by it matters not a whit to him.

That is a sad statement. I would think a POTUS making a decision to go to war SHOULD care whether he is right or wrong. Are you implying that he shouldn't?

_________
kangaroo -- please do not read or respond to any of my posts
Quote Reply
Re: Is this the "taking responsibility" that everyone was looking for? [KLinggi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we needed to be the laughing stock of the world for a few years, just to deflate our "world power" ego.

Ahhhh...the old Kerry 'global test' rears its ugly head. Its sad that we should care what we look like to the rest of the world.

But don't worry, you can still order saimin in downtown Tokyo without being mercilessly ribbed, I'd guess.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Its sad that we should care what we look like to the rest of the world."

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

I care what we look like to the rest of the world. It is kind of tough to participate in a global economy and fight a global war on terror if you don't have other nations on your side. Do you think it is more or less safe for Americans to travel abroad now or before the invasion in Iraq?

Quote | Reply
I think Americans will be safe when countries realize that if they harbor or support the terrorists that kill or injure Americans, well......they'll suffer the consequences, be they economic, political or military. Right now, we don't have the time or the luxury to indulge in a long-term reexamination of either our motives or the particular 'sins' that we've supposedly committed or the grievances that one group or another may have against us, and which the bad guys are using as an excuse for attacks upon our country and its citizens.

Can we do both things simultaneously (strike back HARD at our enemies AND change behaviors that may or may not be appreciated by certain 'progressive' nations)? Probably. And maybe we should. But right now, I favor the 'put your fists down and THEN we'll talk' approach.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Americans will be safe when countries realize that if they harbor or support the terrorists that kill or injure Americans, well......they'll suffer the consequences,

I thought we were talking about Iraq?

Quote Reply
Re: Is this the "taking responsibility" that everyone was looking for? [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought we were talking about Iraq?

Maybe. Or Lichtenstein. I forget. (wink)

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe. Or Lichtenstein. I forget. (wink)

Does it get tiring have to write out the little :). I believe it is out of reverence to Ken but eventually you have to say enough is enough.

Quote Reply
Re: Is this the "taking responsibility" that everyone was looking for? [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know. I'm getting ready to go back to it, but I really like Ken. In a totally heterosexual and non-threatening way, of course. And only if he isn't put off by it. Back to the ":-)" thingy next post. I promise.

T.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this the "taking responsibility" that everyone was looking for? [Tyrius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in short, no, it's not the 'taking responsibility' i'd be looking for.

fouling up is human, and i don't have too big a problem with it. but when you foul up, you take your shit. and the president is not doing that.

his answer comes across as a token, it's a piece of insincere lip-service. bush doesn't take responsibility for the decision to go into iraq, but here's who does: 2000 dead american soldiers and countless more currently over there. and does 'reforming intelligence capabilities' fix things, simple as that?

i might be too cynical, but i read this as a totally insincere toss-off from a man who's managed to avoid taking responsibility for a host of major screw-ups through most of his adult life.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Americans will be safe when countries realize that if they harbor or support the terrorists that kill or injure Americans, well......they'll suffer the consequences, be they economic, political or military.

What countries are harboring or supporting terrorists that kill or injure Americans? Right now I can only see Afghanistan and Iraq as being the only two countries that are suffering economic, political and military consequences - but there are still a lot of terrorists out there. In fact, there are more terrorists today than before 9/11. So who do you think has not realized that we'll act? Because we are not acting against other countries.
Quote Reply

Prev Next