Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For those of us that use Square
Quote | Reply
Is there are way to scan a check with the reader (or input manually) and have the account verified that there are funds in the account (something like an automatic draft)?
Quote Reply
Re: For those of us that use Square [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless things have changed, that's not in Square's wheelhouse. You might be able to mobile deposit the check through your bank's mobile app and pay a fee for immediate/guaranteed availability. There's a fee associated with doing that as opposed to waiting the standard time for the check to clear and be available.

There is apparently a Fed Reserve movement to get banks to build infrastructure to greatly reduce collection times, happening over the next 2-3 years and on a "real time" format more similar to debit cards, taking into account online and check transactions. I've no idea what size of banks are in scope (i.e. how small you have to be for exemption in that infrastructure) and how it will phase in.

EndlessH2O wrote:
Is there are way to scan a check with the reader (or input manually) and have the account verified that there are funds in the account (something like an automatic draft)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This would be a good question for....

....the people at Square!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: For those of us that use Square [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
This would be a good question for....

....the people at Square!

I scoured the site, including my dashboard. The only reference that comes close is in the app where I can note that a check or other form of payment was taken. I need ACH abilities when it comes to accepting checks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We use square for CC and a remote for checks. BofA gives it to us for free.
Quote Reply