Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: UCF self-declares “championship” [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:
Thanks for this wonderful clarification.

What clarification do you need? They are ranked #10 in the AP poll. In the playoff rankings, they finished #15. In the coaches poll, they finished #10.

What reason do you or anyone else have to say they were supposed to be in the top 4, much less the champion?

Apparently, UCF also won the popular vote.

Yeah but there was a ton of voter fraud.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: UCF self-declares “championship” [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:

What clarification do you need? They are ranked #10 in the AP poll. In the playoff rankings, they finished #15. In the coaches poll, they finished #10.

What reason do you or anyone else have to say they were supposed to be in the top 4, much less the champion?

Yeah but there was a ton of voter fraud.

The UCF parade will be much like the Women's March on DC. Lots of pussy hats.
Quote Reply
Re: UCF self-declares “championship” [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old Hickory wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Francois wrote:

LMAO, well played
Quote Reply
Re: UCF self-declares “championship” [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At first it was amusing. Now that its clear they are serious I'm embarrassed for them. No one outside of UCF thinks they are even close to the best team in the nation.
Quote Reply
Re: UCF self-declares “championship” [ChrisT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisT wrote:
windywave wrote:
ChrisT wrote:
windywave wrote:
bmeer wrote:
windywave wrote:
bmeer wrote:
you take the 4 best teams.
no way they were one of the 4 best.
being undefeated against a not that great schedule doesn't mean you deserve to be in the 4.

How do you know that they weren't? They deserved to be in over Alabama. They won their division, conference, were undefeated AND beat Auburn. All things Alabama didn't do.

deserve? you really think so?
Yes

Yes. And the 2006 and 2009 Boise State teams want in on the parade and bonus action.

Look just the fact that people don’t think they “deserve” a shot is reason enough to scrap the BS system that rewards only the power 5 and frankly only 3 or 4 of those conference sd. The argument that UCF would still be left out of an 8 team playoff is also crap because that assumes we would select by the “rankings” which are also biased and a load of BS.

Here’s the system - 1.). All power 5 conf champs are in. 2.) any undefeated non power 5 conf champ is in regardless of rank. 3.) any remaining spots are filled by highest ranking teams in the “bowl selection” (BS) ranking.

Also I would like to see a limit of teams from one conference but doubt that would matter and would probably keep out a possible contender. But I don’t think an auburn with 3 losses after their conf championship game should be in despite ranking despite ranking 7th in the final BS poll.

Under those rules we would have had Clemson, OK, GA, OSU, USC as power 5 champs. UCF as undefeated non power 5, then the two remaining spots would have gone to Alabama ranked 4th and Wisconsin ranked 6th.

See how fucking easy that is?

Mine is even easier

AAC, American, B1G, Big 12, Pac 10, and SEC champion plus two at large starting with undefeated teams.

I think you mean the ACC not AAC? So That’s Clemson. But I don’t agree with an automatic bid to the American conference (UCF) over he other mid majors like mountain west, southeast etc. If they don’t have the conference strength of schedule it has to be deserved and any of them have the same rules - be undefeated or else you have to rely on the wildcard bids by ranking. Also Same goes for Notre Dame - join a power 5 or take your chances on final ranking and the 3 at large (provided no undefeated mid major champ).

I went down that road in a different thread. Forced to do research. The American was significantly better than the other Not Power conferences to (the magnitude was greater than I expected) to the point it makes sense to include them.
Quote Reply
Re: UCF self-declares “championship” [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I went down that road in a different thread. Forced to do research. The American was significantly better than the other Not Power conferences to (the magnitude was greater than I expected) to the point it makes sense to include them.

The performance of the American this year was so good as to justify setting up future playoff structure around that? What happens when a different non-power conference is really good and the American is bad again? Do we restructure again?

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply

Prev Next