Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: life decisions- superbike or savings for marriage- advice? [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't get married and buy TWO bikes.

Duh - like that was a hard decision to make. Use your brain boy
Quote Reply
Re: life decisions- superbike or savings for marriage- advice? [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should figure out your priorities long before you get married.
If you need help from Slowtwitch, well.......

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: life decisions- superbike or savings for marriage- advice? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Congratulations!!

But obviously a good thing I'm not married - I would have bought the bike without asking a husband's permission.

I pretty much do as I please with bike and tri purchases without spousal approval. She knows it's the one and only guilty pleasure I have in life so she's cool with it.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: life decisions- superbike or savings for marriage- advice? [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NICE

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davidalone wrote:
She out earns me by quite abit and that is going to remain for the forseeable future, so I don't see that as a very high likelihood of happening.

Dude, get a bike, Asian woman are compliant in nature, she will forgive you, if you ask her she might even buy you a bike, Asian woman are awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, I'm glad I read the whole thread and got to the awesome ending on page 3. While reading, I was formulating my "buy the bike" answer. You are a lucky guy. I was on the other side of the situation, and didn't buy the bike. I did my first triathlon on a Schwinn Varsity. Really. It took 4 wives and 35 years before I finally bought the bike. I'm glad you (she) bought the bike.

Athlinks / Strava
Last edited by: Dean T: Aug 13, 18 11:31
Quote Reply
Re: life decisions- superbike or savings for marriage- advice? [tickyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tickyboy wrote:
[pink]Do you see yourself riding your wife in another 7 years?[/pink]

It’ll be less than the bike.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davidalone wrote:
thought I'd give an update.

We talked it over, she said it was fine if I bought it. But there was some hesitation I could sense.

Fast forward 6 months when I'm about to pull the trigger- She says not to buy the bike and to wait till after the wedding.
Now obviously I was pretty bummed to hear this, but then I find out from my Brother in law (who knows bikes) she's been conspiring with him to actually buy me the bike as a birthday gift. Obviously though, she can't get it at the discount I can get- So eventually she tells me to buy it but she's paying for it.

TLDR: I am marrying an awesome woman.

I totally would have wrecked that whole happy-ending that you just earned yourself. Will I always be a selfish asshole? It certainly is looking like a "yes".

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply

Prev Next