Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Apple - iTunes help
Quote | Reply
Okay, so I am pretty much a Neanderthal when it comes to using Apple and iTunes. My google-fu is also weak as I have searched for answers and found nothing that works.

I have a bunch of songs on iTunes that I would like to put on my iPhone. However, I do not want all of them. So far, I can handle getting them on my phone by clicking and dragging. However, at some point in the next couple days, without fail, all of the songs in my iTunes library show up on my phone even though I didn’t drag them over to my phone. Major first world problem, but annoying as hell when I am trying to play music through the USB port in my car.

Is there any way to only have the songs I want on my phone?

Thanks in advance for any help, and please be gentle on the insults ;)

drn92
Last edited by: drn92: Jan 3, 18 21:15
Quote Reply
Re: Apple - iTunes help [drn92] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you have an auto sync going.

Probably iTunes WiFi sync and every time you plug in your charger your phone syncs.

What you need to do is either turn off the auto sync or unclick the song syncing function in iTunes (so that when it auto syncs it doesn’t don anything with your songs). Then when you want to change or add music you do it manually.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Apple - iTunes help [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Will give that a try. I believe I checked manual syncing and do not have any of the songs checked but will start over in the morning.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also, somewhere (maybe it’s in the iCloud account settings) there’s a feature that automatically downloads iTunes song purchases and app purchases to all devices. So if you, say, buy a song or app on your iPad it automatically loads it to all of your other devices.

What happens is that the cloud will see a song on one device but not on another and then just load that song on the lacking device.

Not really sure if it actually works like that.

I had the same issue as you and I bought a Sting album that was absolute pretentious garbage and I’d delete it off of everything but then it just keep coming back. I finally did a whole bunch of different things and that crap finally went away and i think what did it was I turned off the cross platform auto download the deleted it off all devices. Then turned back on the cross platform downloads and the Sting shit never came back.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent. More stuff to try tomorrow.

For something that is supposed to be intuitive and “just work,” it sure is a pain in the ass.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes it works too well.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you can’t figure it out, just make a playlist with the songs you want and then when you play songs on your phone just play from only that playlist.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great tip. If I get to that point tomorrow I will give it a try. I am also assuming I can shuffle the songs within a playlist.

drn92
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply