Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trump vs Bannon... Where's the popcorn? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
I'm not trying to change your vote. Vote for whomever you want. I'm just saying that, in the mean time, don't live in some hell that doesn't even exist.

What could possibly go wrong?

Quote:
The Trump administration said Thursday it would allow new offshore oil and gas drilling in nearly all United States coastal waters, giving energy companies access to drilling rights off California for the first time in decades and opening more than a billion acres in the Arctic and along the Eastern Seaboard.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Trump vs Bannon... Where's the popcorn? [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
TimeIsUp wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
How humiliating is it for Hilarious and the Dems to LOSE to a big, fat idiot WHO DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO WIN!

This. Trump would have been perfectly Ok with making a mockery of the Republican primary. Instead, nearly half the country thought it would be a better idea to vote for a certifiably crazy reality show star over his competition. That's embarrassing. Both for Hilary and our country. Now we are reaping what we sow and I don't see many defending Trump anymore. Lots of people trying to forget their vote for him by making fun of TDS'ers though.

TDS'ers talk about the horrors of "reaping what we sow" when the DOW is shooting past 25,000, unemployment is at recent minimum, and labor income gains are outpacing productivity. But I don't blame you. It's the information you're getting. Step away from the online cool aid dude. The media establishment has decided your sanity is expendable in its effort to terrorize the nation into voting for its candidates. That's not embarrassing. That's really sad. Your life -- and your enjoyment of it -- is more important that just being hyped into a dependable pawn in some voting scheme.

I'm not trying to change your vote. Vote for whomever you want. I'm just saying that, in the mean time, don't live in some hell that doesn't even exist.

Kool-aid, huh? Do you like to pretend all those metrics weren't trending that way long before Trump announced his POTUS run?
Quote Reply
Re: Trump vs Bannon... Where's the popcorn? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They gave him a fake nuclear football and a 25 page instruction manual. Mattis known as practical joker.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump vs Bannon... Where's the popcorn? [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
They gave him a fake nuclear football and a 25 page instruction manual. Mattis known as practical joker.

In all seriousness, the lack of outrage (on both sides of the aisle) has to indicate something...

1) We’ve become too comfortable and don’t appreciate the real threat of a nuclear holocaust.

2) Our bar is so low because we’re all idiots that we have no reasonable expectations of our President and we live in a reality TV mindset.

3) We think the generals will defy Trump’s orders and save us all.

I’m open to other explanations but we should admit that his Tweet is wildly inappropriate and had Obama Tweeted such madness the right would have gone bonkers (and rightly so).
Quote Reply
Re: Trump vs Bannon... Where's the popcorn? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, my Iran reference was to recent WAPO headline about Trump being right to proclaim the world is watching. If you think back, there were limited sanctions he added early in his admin, I think he did not recertify the Obama's Iran deal at some point, so as to make congress take a re-look at everything, and then there's this from his UN speech in September:
-

"The entire world understands that the good people of Iran want change and, other than the vast military power of the United States, that Iran's people are what their leaders fear the most. This is what causes the regime to restrict Internet access, tear down satellite dishes, shoot unarmed student protesters and imprison political reformers.

Oppressive regimes cannot endure forever, and the day will come when the Iranian people will face a choice. Will they continue down the path of poverty, bloodshed and terror? Or will the Iranian people return to the nation's proud roots as a center of civilization, culture and wealth where their people can be happy and prosperous once again?"
-

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/09/19/trumps-menacing-united-nations-speech-annotated/?utm_term=.4b7c5815a122
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Israel, again my reference was to recent headlines I'd seen, particularly this piece by a definite liberal non-Trump guy:
http://thehill.com/opinion/international/364002-trump-is-right-on-jerusalem
-
Read the Dershowitz op ed I started a thread on, and you'll see the take from some, if he is to be believed, is that a peace accord is more likely after Trumps move, due to some balance being reintroduced after things were thrown off by Obama's foolish (and incorrectly based, historically) seeming parting shot at Netanyahu.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alan-dershowitz-why-trump-is-right-in-recognizing-jerusalem-as-israels-capital/article/2642762
Quote Reply
Re: Trump vs Bannon... Where's the popcorn? [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are all the pussy hats marching in solidarity with the Iranian people who are protesting against their overlords (who are real actual fascists)?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Trump vs Bannon... Where's the popcorn? [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I noted, I think Trump is right about Pakistan, I’ve wondered for years why the U.S continues to provide aid.Trump could also look at Egypt and Saudi Arabia, but he won’t because there is no strategy to his foreign policy, it’s just reactionary to events as they happen. The leadership is non-existent.

In terms of Israel, it just seems that his decision is reactionary, trying to appease Israel without consideration for the long-term. With so many countries opposed, I’m not sure what was gained. Trump has never laid out anything remotely like a long-term plan.

Iran is the biggest puzzle. One of his major foreign policy platforms, in fact maybe his only foreign policy issue he ever talked about other than “rocket man” was how bad the Iranian nuclear deal was and that he was going to rip it up on day 1. He never mentioned it again and made no move to do it. Then, the people of Iran start protesting, Trump takes credit, and people applaud him. It makes no sense.
Quote Reply

Prev Next