Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tubeless flats: sealant or side o' bacon? [4orust] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4orust wrote:
Your photos are showing broken links for me. Any idea why?

Sorry about that...the original photos were hosted on tinypic (which went belly up) and then I'd tried sharing Google Photos links, but that didn't work (they showed up for me, but apparently not others). I just went and tried some imgur links. Let me know if that works for you now.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless flats: sealant or side o' bacon? [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Photos now showing up.
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless flats: sealant or side o' bacon? [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greatzaa wrote:
Used my Dynaplug for the first time today and it worked like a charm. Decent size hole that the sealant wouldn't fix. took maybe 90 secs to insert a plug.....fill with CO2 and go. Rode about 35 miles home with no air loss. I don't plan on changing tires. so I will let you know how the plug holds up.

I've had tubeless tires with 4-5 plugs in them that I've used for 1k+ more miles. It just becomes part of the tire.
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless flats: sealant or side o' bacon? [Geek_fit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I have a super new tire I cant mount at home I just put it in the dryer for about 10 minutes. I have done this 4 or 5 times and helps a ton.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but question for Tom - what particular tool did you use with the butchers cords? Is there a size that works better with road tires?

I have an Effete Mariposa tool sized for 3.5mm strips - I wonder if will widen the cut a bit too much and whether i should get the smaller size tool.

Anyone have any experience there?

--
Those who are slower than me suck.
Those who are faster than me dope
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless flats: sealant or side o' bacon? [guadzilla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guadzilla wrote:
Sorry to bump up an old thread, but question for Tom - what particular tool did you use with the butchers cords? Is there a size that works better with road tires?

I have an Effete Mariposa tool sized for 3.5mm strips - I wonder if will widen the cut a bit too much and whether i should get the smaller size tool.

Anyone have any experience there?

I'm using the Genuine Innovations tool.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
I'm using the Genuine Innovations tool.

Thank you!

--
Those who are slower than me suck.
Those who are faster than me dope
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless flats: sealant or side o' bacon? [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slow man how often do you need to ride if you go tubeless & how often do you need to add or change out sealant?
MB
Quote Reply
Re: Tubeless flats: sealant or side o' bacon? [MikeBack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MikeBack wrote:
Slow man how often do you need to ride if you go tubeless & how often do you need to add or change out sealant? MB

i am not the expert. but i change sealant every 5 or 6 months, and i need to put air in the tires every time i ride, or every second time i ride. sometimes every third time. it depends on whether i just lucked out and got a good seal. a lot depends on how much care i took when putting on the rim tape.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next