Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Take a good look at the Fizik Arione saddle. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't see a response, so I'll re-ask the question. Is this saddle compatible with behind the seat bottle launchers that clamp to the seat rails (x-wing, profile)? I'm another with a box of failed experiments in my garage, I'm always on the lookout for another candidate.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Take a good look at the Fizik Arione saddle. [triiowa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can make it work with the XWing, I did. It's a little tricky to install, though.
Quote Reply
Re: Take a good look at the Fizik Arione saddle. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK so I've put some serious miles on the Arione saddle and maybe it worth just feeding back some info here:

- I've been using the Azoto Tri saddle all of last season with good success, took me a while to get it "dialed" in though. I rode this saddle with a slight offset to the right for "comfort" sake. My only issue with this saddle is that i tend to pedal with my knees slightly inwards, the thick tip made this not ideal. Lets be clear, this is still a great saddle!

- With the Arione the dial-in was easy as.. VERY simple to get it right 1st time. The only thing was that I ended up adjusting the saddle in a straight line again. As with the Azoto I initially adjusted it to be slightly to the left. This was not that comfortable, when I lined it back up with the top tube... Whooohaaa what a beauty (Craicky I sound like Chris Irwin - the crocodile hunter). So my 1st tip would be keep the saddle straight and level (for some flighing ;-) ). Secondly due to the narrow noise it makes for very comfortable pedaling with my technique. The longer saddle makes adjustability ranges far more "user friendly".

All in all I can only highly recommend this saddle, and its a great compliment to my P3. If you are in doubt still as to what to buy, this will be a great starting point. I write this "review" because I now have sufficient "data" to support all the good things said about this saddle... the proof is in the ride!

=====================================
For one who has no objective, nothing is relevant. (Confucius)
=====================================
Quote Reply

Prev Next