Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Real Racine International Triathlon
Quote | Reply
Looks like HFP Racing is returning to Racine in 2018 after several years of IM 70.3. Super sprint, Sprint, and Olympic distances. Pro purse too.
https://realracinetriathlon.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Real Racine International Triathlon [bdungan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having the bike go south into Kenosha and to Carthage College is awesome. I grew up and trained in Racine and that road (Sheridan Rd) is SMOOTH, flat and fast.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Real Racine International Triathlon [bdungan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great! I wish they still had a 70.3 though but a nice race close to home is always a plus!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Real Racine International Triathlon [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw this today - so now there's no race in Racine at all.

http://journaltimes.com/news/local/real-racine-triathlon-canceled-insufficient-registration-cited/article_8affb53b-d01b-59bb-8d79-42a0cdf253bc.html
Quote Reply
Re: Real Racine International Triathlon [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got an email last week. Very disappointed and just another race that could have been. I bet if Ironman took it over it would sell out as a 5150 event.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Real Racine International Triathlon [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, my thoughts as well. It's a shame. Was looking forward to racing the Oly distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Real Racine International Triathlon [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
200 miles north, the Door County Triathlon continues on the same day.
Quote Reply
Re: Real Racine International Triathlon [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
200 miles north, the Door County Triathlon continues on the same day.

Part of me wonders what the future of that great race is. With lodging costs increasing, race registration increasing and the race not really providing more and more value I wonder how long they can sustain the success.

You would think with Racine 70.3 gone which sometimes fell on the same weekend the demand for DC would go up. But over the past 3 years it has gone from a first day sellout to it is now 2 months away and still open. Yes close to filling, but the demand has gone down and that is with one of its biggest competitors pulling out.
Quote Reply