Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Madone Disc Spotted [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They’re probably using Mavic’s Speed Release system which is 142.
Quote Reply
Re: Madone Disc Spotted [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kyle h wrote:
Oh my. My wife said I could get a new Stinner as a wedding present but I didn’t know these exsisted.

Well...it is a bit of a "one of" :-)

I know they've done at least one other frame similar to it (using the same tubing and orientations), but it was a triathlon build, and it didn't have the internal cabling. So, it's not one of their "stock" frames...but, they still do custom. It just costs a little more.

In fact, now that True Temper has stopped producing bicycle tubes, it might be quite hard to find the teardrop shaped, Yamaguchi designed seat stay tubing if one wanted to recreate it :-(

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Madone Disc Spotted [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After I posted I saw your blog post and started to question the feasibility of another one. Bummer, that is one incredible bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Madone Disc Spotted [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, what a lame bike. In fact, it's so lame I think you should let me take it off your hands. Just let me know a convenient time to pick it up.

Joking aside, I love the paint scheme, very classy! Nice ride!
Quote Reply
Re: Madone Disc Spotted [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Looks like they have a through axle / QR hybrid system for fastening the hubs.

My question, anybody know what the rear dropout spacing is?

No, Trek uses plain old DT Swiss thru-axles. It’s just a threaded lag bolt with an L-handle. DT Swiss does offer a slightly fancier version where the handle is just a hex key that inserts into the bolt portion.

Specs should be as follows...

Front 12x100mm (122mm 1.75mm thread pitch Trek ABP/Maxle)
Rear 12x142mm (167mm 1.75mm thread pitch Trek ABP/Maxle)

The details in paratheses are important if you want to buy third-party thru axles.
Quote Reply
Re: Madone Disc Spotted [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
I'm sold! The new Madone Disc needs bosses for a frame pump as well!

You joke, but I often hear laments that most modern frames aren't set up to accommodate a frame pump properly. How hard is it to add a small nub behind the head tube?

I seriously considered asking for a "chain keeper" lug on the seat stay for the build. My old Bianchi has one of those and it comes in really handy when the rear wheel is out ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Madone Disc Spotted [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tttiltheend wrote:
Man, what a lame bike. In fact, it's so lame I think you should let me take it off your hands. Just let me know a convenient time to pick it up.

Joking aside, I love the paint scheme, very classy! Nice ride!

Thanks! The inspiration was 60's race cars, that often were white with a blue racing stripe down the middle...also, this:

Quote Reply

Prev Next