Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [IgnacioV.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ignacio,

I'm not clear on the role of the support member, nor on how exactly the race will be transporting them around the course? Who will be transporting the team member? How many sub groups will there be leaving from T1? Do we have to have lights? Why not just have teams have their own car instead of relying on the race like Alaska and Norseman? Are there only two aid stations on the run course? What is the mandatory insurance? How much is it?

MVA

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [TriLorikeet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could you guys come up with some more original name then those ending with "man"? It looks like you are just one more Ironman name copycats or trying to piggyback your name on theirs.

Other that that, I would definitely enter the lottery. Patagonia is one of the places I hevn't been yet. Count me in if you come to Canada, BC.
Cheers :-)
Last edited by: softrun: Jan 8, 18 0:01
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark,
Did you read the race manual?
You can download it here: http://patagonman.com/enrollment.html
Support person is supposed to offer support as its name suggests, hydration, food, clothes, mechanics, timing, etc.
They will be transporting by the organization.
Lights are not mandatory, you can bring one if you please.
Not like Norseman or Alaskaman because this is a different race with different characteristics.
One aid station on the bike course and one on the run course. Other than that the athlete will have to rely on the 2 points of interaction with their support on the bike leg plus other 2 on the run lug and T1 and T2.
Insurance offers coverage in case of personal accidents for both athletes and supports, it will cover the bikes for their transport and in case of robbery, it will also cover the athlete in case of cancellation of the event. The insurance is especially created for this event in order to offer the maximum coverage you can have at the lowest possible price (subsidized by the organization).
We are working hard to create one of the most incredible experience in triathlon and I can assure you that the 300 participants will have a race like no other!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IgnacioV. wrote:
Hi Mark,
Did you read the race manual?
You can download it here: http://patagonman.com/enrollment.html

I did, my questions came after reading it and looking at the norse and alaska man documents as well.

IgnacioV. wrote:
Support person is supposed to offer support as its name suggests, hydration, food, clothes, mechanics, timing, etc.
They will be transporting by the organization.
So the human support and their backpack filled with nutrition, are the aid stations at 45k and 135k? Will the race have these support people grouped by their athlete's speed? Such that the later athletes' support will be separate from the earlier athletes?

IgnacioV. wrote:
Not like Norseman or Alaskaman because this is a different race with different characteristics.
What makes this event different?

IgnacioV. wrote:
One aid station on the bike course and one on the run course. Other than that the athlete will have to rely on the 2 points of interaction with their support on the bike leg plus other 2 on the run lug and T1 and T2.
How is the race shuttling the support people out to the run aid stations on X-723? I take it that one should prepare to do the run leg as a trail marathon and be largely self supported?

IgnacioV. wrote:
Insurance offers coverage in case of personal accidents for both athletes and supports, it will cover the bikes for their transport and in case of robbery, it will also cover the athlete in case of cancellation of the event. The insurance is especially created for this event in order to offer the maximum coverage you can have at the lowest possible price (subsidized by the organization).

What is the price?

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Ignacio,

I'm one of the lucky ones to have a slot for the first edition of Patagonman. After racing Norseman and Canadaman I'm quite proud to have the opportunity to experience the first edition of this race. I saw the bike profile graphic on your website. Is it available on Strava?

Kind Regards,

Pharis
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [Pharis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not yet Pharis but we will have it in a month and will communicate it on social networks
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [Pharis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pharis, I sent you a PM
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mark,

So the human support and their backpack filled with nutrition, are the aid stations at 45k and 135k? Will the race have these support people grouped by their athlete's speed? Such that the later athletes' support will be separate from the earlier athletes?
Yes, they will be transported in small groups.

What makes this event different?
Location, we have one lane of the road completely closed to traffic and just for the bikes, cultural externalities, and so on...

How is the race shuttling the support people out to the run aid stations on X-723? I take it that one should prepare to do the run leg as a trail marathon and be largely self supported?
Same as in the run, we will transport the supports in small groups according to their athlete's timings. Athlete will have support on km 11, 21 and 31. From there they can run together with their support to the finish line.

What is the price?
For the athlete is $28USD we as organization cover the rest in order to keep the price down.

Happy to answer if you still have doubts!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ignacio,

I paid my fee last night (gulp!), so I am in! Can you explain the general idea for race morning? As the race starts at 0500, and T1 is an hour or more from the host hotel, what is the timeline and general steps leading up to the start of the race?

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear CPT Chaos,

All details will be announced during the athlete briefing but I can tell you now, that:
Support will be responsable to put their athletes bike on the truck that will take the bike to T1.
Both athlete and support will be transported by bus to T1 area.
Support will be responsable to take the bike off the transportation truck.
Athlete will get on the ferry that will take them to starting point.
Support will wait on T1.
Bike will be protected by a special insurance customized for this race.

Best regards!
Ignacio
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Received an email this morning saying I had won one of the 300 slots for December 1st. Stupidly excited. Anyone else get in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Ignacio

in the XTri site : http://xtriworldtour.com

the PatagonMan seems not updated, as it still mention 2018 date and not 2019 date

It also mention "an XTRI prospect race". Is the 2019 edition qualifying peoples for 2020 XTri worlds ?
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [scobig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scobig wrote:
Received an email this morning saying I had won one of the 300 slots for December 1st. Stupidly excited. Anyone else get in?

For me, a plane ticket is around $2,000 USD to fly to BBA airport (assuming no bike fees) from Charlotte. Then it's another $280 or $320 per night to stay at the host hotel, minimum for 4 nights. While this race seems pretty cool, it is squarely in the "prohibitively too expensive" category. Are other people getting there for less, or am I just unrealistic in my expectations how much travel should be costing?
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you can fly for less. We flew biz class last year and the flights were right about $2100 so an economy ticket should be well under that amount.

It's an amazing race and experience and I would look at it as a once in a lifetime thing! I would love to go back.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks a lot I talk to our friends from Xtri World Tour to ask for the update.
Yes, there will be Norseman slots at Patagonman 2019
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dear nickwhite,
You should be able to fly there for less than $1,000 and you can find decent accommodation for less than $200 per night. So, yes the place is far but it is not "prohibitively too expensive"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IgnacioV. wrote:
Thanks a lot I talk to our friends from Xtri World Tour to ask for the update.
Yes, there will be Norseman slots at Patagonman 2019

This race looks amazing. But it also looks amazingly cold. 10C/50F water? Umph. I'm probably not that tough.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: New "Xtri" iron distance race in Patagonia [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a similar fear when I did it, but came with a wetsuit liner, booties, thermal cap and gloves and actually was a bit too warm! The swim is epic and if you are dressed well, not too cold at all.

Cheers,
Jack

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

It is now updated.
You are now a "green" race, with 2019 date and slots for the worlds !
Quote Reply

Prev Next