Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wide bike shoes
Quote | Reply
My feet our size 10.5 US or 44.5 EU width 4E. Any recommendations on a retailer that carries this size with a return policy that I may return them if they don't fit? Preferable within the USA. I have not had any luck at my local bike shop.
Quote Reply
Re: wide bike shoes [smhen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smhen wrote:
My feet our size 10.5 US or 44.5 EU width 4E. Any recommendations on a retailer that carries this size with a return policy that I may return them if they don't fit? Preferable within the USA. I have not had any luck at my local bike shop.

LAKE - Competitive cyclist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto to what skipp said- I wear new balances in a 2E and I have wide lake shoes. They are great.

http://www.savagesentiments.blogspot.com/
http://www.tricoachmartin.com/
https://www.facebook.com/teameverymanjack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have duck feet and the only option (other than custom) that has ever worked for me was Bont. I'm not aware of anybody that stocks Bont's wide shoes. You usually have to order from them and it takes ~3 weeks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
smhen wrote:

The widest there are for all i know, and we have sold or sell, lake, bont etc. But the widest i got my feet on are from the brand verducci

https://www.luiginoverducci.com. They are so wide that when i put my ‘zoomers’ in them i have even space to go from side to side. Just recently found this brand after i saw them by someone and tried them on.

I don’t know if they are sold in the us since i am eu based.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luck, Spanish shoe brand. Custom made to your feet.
Quote Reply
Re: wide bike shoes [Skipp80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I concur that Lake shoes, via Competitive Cyclist is a good recommendation. Specialized is another. I do not know if Specialized in Wide is as wide as the Lake shoes however, both these vendors (CC and Spec) will allow you to return the shoes for credit or exchange. There may be other vendors that will take back shoes but right now, the two I mentioned are the fist that come to mind. By all means, don't buy if you can't return. It's just too much of a risk. Shimano in wide might work also, and I believe Lake still makes most of Shimano shoes. But I don't know if they will allow returns for credit or not.
Quote Reply
Re: wide bike shoes [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized shoes are not wide anymore. I had a pair of old S-Works shoes in 42.5 regular and they were wide enough for me. I recently tried on the new Torch edition shoes in the same size and found it to be pinching my toes.
I also tried on Bont cycling shoes and while they are pricey, they are the most comfortable shoes I had ever worn, They are wide in the front and really narrow in the back.
Quote Reply
Re: wide bike shoes [Charleslo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well if Bont offers a return privilege, and they probably do if they are a good company, then add them to the list of recommendations. Otherwise, I stand by my recommendation to look elsewhere. I simply don't recommend buying a shoe on-line if there is no return privilege. A person can sing praises about a saddle, yet when you buy the saddle you find out it's anything but comfortable. We all have our preferences and fit issues.
Quote Reply
Re: wide bike shoes [Skipp80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Skipp80 wrote:
smhen wrote:

LAKE - Competitive cyclist.

Unfortunately, they don't sell Lake's triathlon shoes at CC and are very hard to find in the USA. I ordered them through Lake's website (they're based in The Netherlands) and one pair came from The Netherlands, and the other pair came from China. Both pairs ordered at the same time and in the same size.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: wide bike shoes [Charleslo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charleslo_99 wrote:
Specialized shoes are not wide anymore.

Amen. I have very wide feet and the Specialized Trivents (half sized up) worked great for me for years. Then they redesigned them a few years back and I can't even get my foot in them anymore.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: wide bike shoes [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lake shoes are good for wide feet. I just bought a pair. They are nice a wide and very comfortable. The finish is good too.
Quote Reply