Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pocahontas? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
orphious wrote:
I think Barry's beef is about Warren's lies. It's with how Trump gets a free pass daily for his nonsense but the right is all up and arms about this fabrication...

I was just responding to the most recent reply to chip in my own $0.02. Re Trump: nobody voted for him because they thought he was honest. If Democrats think that all of Trump's supporters believe him they're really missing the point.

Got ya...
Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never mind.. tried to post a pic.. link broke not sure if its working
Last edited by: orphious: Oct 16, 18 11:25
Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
orphious wrote:

"Orange man speak with forked tongue"

LOL! That’s a good one, I have to admit. :-)

Hey, I heard Warren’s Cherokee name is “Princess Spreading Bull.” ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I was just responding to the most recent reply to chip in my own $0.02. Re Trump: nobody voted for him because they thought he was honest. If Democrats think that all of Trump's supporters believe him they're really missing the point. "

# reason people voted for Trump: Because he tells it like it is.

Not only did people vote for Trump for his honesty, it was specifically because he had a level of honesty with the American people that we'd never seen before in a politician....so they said.

Now if you want to make the case that the nimrods who supported Trump were lying to us, and probably lying to themselves as well, you'll get no argument from me. But the point is irrelevant. Weather or not they voted for him "for his honesty" is irrelevant to the charges of dishonesty against Warren. They probably didn't vote for Trump because he's a big, fat, orange, disgusting, loudmouth either. But don't you think it would be a bit ironic if they got all up in arms if they started railing against a Democrat because they were a big, fat, orange, disgusting loudmouth?

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [RockyMtnChic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RockyMtnChic wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
RockyMtnChic wrote:
Nothing to do with the OP, but my family has been certified as Mayflower descendants too. Pretty fun to read the history of our very distant relative.

So who are you Descended from Francis Cooke, is mine. Great site that lists all the famous people descended from him. http://franciscookesociety.org/...enger-francis-cooke/.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/...outh_Colony_governor)

William Bradford. Was governor of the Plymouth Colony for a while.

Ok, have to ask my mom. Cause I know she found that, as would not be a surprise, in the next generation or two many kids married other kids of descendants and she found 1 or 2 more in the chain, but I don't recall their names.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This just in from Stormy.....requires edit

"Orange Tiny man speaks with forked tongue, which can come in handy" :.}
Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
"I was just responding to the most recent reply to chip in my own $0.02. Re Trump: nobody voted for him because they thought he was honest. If Democrats think that all of Trump's supporters believe him they're really missing the point. "

# reason people voted for Trump: Because he tells it like it is.

Not only did people vote for Trump for his honesty, it was specifically because he had a level of honesty with the American people that we'd never seen before in a politician....so they said.

Now if you want to make the case that the nimrods who supported Trump were lying to us, and probably lying to themselves as well, you'll get no argument from me. But the point is irrelevant. Weather or not they voted for him "for his honesty" is irrelevant to the charges of dishonesty against Warren. They probably didn't vote for Trump because he's a big, fat, orange, disgusting, loudmouth either. But don't you think it would be a bit ironic if they got all up in arms if they started railing against a Democrat because they were a big, fat, orange, disgusting loudmouth?

I mean the following with 100% sincerity: the great George Costanza once said "it's not a lie if you believe it."

I pity the poor soul who would have to undertake this task but if we were to quantify the inaccuracies of all of the statements made by sitting U.S. presidents in the last 100 years, I would imagine Trump would be in the top 3. However, when Trump speaks he probably believes what he is saying (however wild) is the truth and his body language conveys as much. Humans have innate social intelligence. We constantly read people's body language, cadence of speech, etc. It's a subconscious function. When Trump was on the stage during the first Republican Primary it was like black and white. The subconscious of many centrist and conservative voters could instantly see the difference between Trump and the other politicians on the stage. It didn't matter what he said. It's how he said it and that carried over into the general election as well.

Professional politicians (on both sides) still don't get this. They'll never get it.

All of that said, Warren 100% deserves the shit she's getting. For her to claim to be of Cherokee descent is absurd. That's likely terminal to her presidential prospects.
Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine is John Alden Thompson (he goes by Jay), and, yes, he's descended from that John Alden.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if you are back tracking from your original statements or if you are offering a clarification.

If its the latter, then I agree. People *said* they liked Trump because of his honesty. That's kind of like a young woman who says she wants to date a nice guy. People liked Trump for the same reason they fall for televangelists. He had all the qualities of an obvious conman who wasn't so obvious to a much larger portion of the population than I ever would have predicted. Its your Jerry Springer crowd, and your pro wrestling crowd, and your televangelist crowd, and your reality TV crowd, your tabloid readers, your pandering glam country fans, your John Wayne fans, etc.

These people weren't voting for Jeb Bush, or John Kasich, or any other competent experienced Republican. These were people who dreamed of being rich, and one day having big wavy blonde hair and putting their names in gold letters on the tops of tall buildings.

These were your typical Americans.

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tyrod1 wrote:
This just in from Stormy.....requires edit

"Orange Tiny man speaks with forked tongue, which can come in handy" :.}

;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
RockyMtnChic wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
RockyMtnChic wrote:
Nothing to do with the OP, but my family has been certified as Mayflower descendants too. Pretty fun to read the history of our very distant relative.

So who are you Descended from Francis Cooke, is mine. Great site that lists all the famous people descended from him. http://franciscookesociety.org/...enger-francis-cooke/.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/...outh_Colony_governor)

William Bradford. Was governor of the Plymouth Colony for a while.

Ok, have to ask my mom. Cause I know she found that, as would not be a surprise, in the next generation or two many kids married other kids of descendants and she found 1 or 2 more in the chain, but I don't recall their names.

Why do white folks always have so many distinguished personages in their backgrounds? Me, I think the most notable person we ever had in my family was my great-grandfather on my dad's side, who rode with Pancho Villa back during his bandit days and who also almost got hanged for horse thieving. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [BarryP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BarryP wrote:
I'm not sure if you are back tracking from your original statements or if you are offering a clarification.

If its the latter, then I agree. People *said* they liked Trump because of his honesty. That's kind of like a young woman who says she wants to date a nice guy. People liked Trump for the same reason they fall for televangelists. He had all the qualities of an obvious conman who wasn't so obvious to a much larger portion of the population than I ever would have predicted. Its your Jerry Springer crowd, and your pro wrestling crowd, and your televangelist crowd, and your reality TV crowd, your tabloid readers, your pandering glam country fans, your John Wayne fans, etc.

These people weren't voting for Jeb Bush, or John Kasich, or any other competent experienced Republican. These were people who dreamed of being rich, and one day having big wavy blonde hair and putting their names in gold letters on the tops of tall buildings.

These were your typical Americans.

I'm not backtracking at all. Emotional honesty and factual statements are not necessarily the same thing. What you said in bold above is true, Trump definitely has/had an aspirational aura about him that appealed to a lot of people, but that was not the largest factor in his election.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
JSA wrote:
I had more Mexican DNA on my little finger when changing my kids diapers than Pocahontas has Native American DNA in her entire body. Just sayin' ...

Same question to you, How many Generations back do we stop declaring Ancestor? Could be a really interesting discussion about the race card if after 2 or 3 or 5 generations you can no long claim that Heritage?

For practical purposes, it's probably fair to claim it if and when it affects your life today. Barack Obama comes to mind. He didn't live the "typical" African American experience, although in anonymity, he'd be viewed as a black guy in America, which comes with certain challenges. Warren's life isn't in any way shaped or affected today by her distant relationship to a Native American tribe, so claiming it for any purpose other than marking a footnote in her family tree is pretty disingenuous.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
JSA wrote:
I had more Mexican DNA on my little finger when changing my kids diapers than Pocahontas has Native American DNA in her entire body. Just sayin' ...

Same question to you, How many Generations back do we stop declaring Ancestor? Could be a really interesting discussion about the race card if after 2 or 3 or 5 generations you can no long claim that Heritage?

For practical purposes, it's probably fair to claim it if and when it affects your life today. Barack Obama comes to mind. He didn't live the "typical" African American experience, although in anonymity, he'd be viewed as a black guy in America, which comes with certain challenges. Warren's life isn't in any way shaped or affected today by her distant relationship to a Native American tribe, so claiming it for any purpose other than marking a footnote in her family tree is pretty disingenuous.

I agree about Warren. My kids could claim to be Jewish if it came to it for some scholarship or something that would benefit them, but I would feel that is underhanded as they have never lived as a Jew and no one else knew they were Jewish. IOW it has been entirely immaterial to their life.
Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her big DNA reveal went off like Gerardo’s Lexington Hotel vault adventure.
Quote Reply
Re: Pocahontas? [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
DavHamm wrote:
JSA wrote:

I don't know. Being raised by your mother and grandparents with an absentee father certainly isn't atypical either
Quote Reply

Prev Next