Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So then who SHOULD be President? [ejs in chicago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
... FOX - "Fair and Balanced"...hmmm. Want to know why they took that slogan?

...Because market research showed that the perception of FOX by viewers indicated that they are biased and unfair. Talk about spin... Anywho, I can see why you would like the FOX network.... and, a classic example of the market research.... which is btw, very simular to your post - biased and unfair. Forget the fact that it's void of useful information.

FWIW Joe Moya
Quote Reply
Re: So then who SHOULD be President? [WebSwim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Tom, I accept your analogy about the airline pilot, but the difference between that and a president, is that the press provides a whole lot more information about what's going on with the president, therefore it is possible to make a judgement about how well he's doing."

I'm always facisinated by who or what orgainzations people put their trust in. The press provides only that information which they are given (and in unfortunate circumstances, make up.) or "dig up". Ever consider the motivations for why someone speaks with the press or tells them what they do? Sure people's reasons are all over the map. Just remember that people have become very skilled at using the press as a propaganda tool. (Not that the press doesn't earnestly try to keep this from happenning.) Stormin' Norman is routinely given accolades for how well he used the press during Gulf War I. Politicians, the Govenrment, and others have also become quite astute at using the press.

So, is it the press providing the information, or are they relaying information provided by various sources. If it's the latter, then we need to have an understanding of the source's motivations before we can truly understand the information and "make a judgement". Too bad most of them remain convieniently "unnamed".

I won't even get in to how the political bent of a reporter of org can taint a story. FOX, NPR, NY Times, Boston Globe....
Quote Reply
Re: So then who SHOULD be President? [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im am biased, there is a disclaimer and I encourage people to use their own judgement. Maybe you should read the entire post?

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply
Re: So then who SHOULD be President? [ejs in chicago] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Disclaimer ( dis-'klA-mer) noun - 1. a denial or disavowal of legal claim : relinquishment of or formal refusal to accept an interest or estate b : a writing that embodies a legal disclaimer. 2. a : DENIAL, DISAVOWAL b : REPUDIATION .

Sorry I missed that in your post (see below)... elusive fine print gets me everytime - doh!.

FWIW Joe Moya

Referencing ejs in chicago who posted the following (in it's entirety) -

"Bush rocks, love the tax breaks, he just needs better PR and policies with Iraq. The dems arent impressive, whining, infighting, always critizing Bush and spinning his success, I would hate to see what they would of done after 9-11, they probably would of rolled over and played dead, and we could of been attacked more? The economy sucks but you cant blame that on Bush, economy is cyclical, it started at end of Clinton term, then 9/11, enron, airlines, etc.. I do like Liberman, he doesnt follow party line, does what he believes, but he wont make it to the finals>> probably cause Gore screwed him. And Im really glad Gore is on the sidelines! No contest for Bush in 2004. 2008 will be interesting with Hilliary going for the gold. The Republicans will have to get Oprah or Condaleeza to run against her."

"Whatever you do, dont listen to me, the media, or especially entertainers, do your research on candidates and what they did and what they really stand for. There so much BS out there. Fox News baby! Fair and Balanced."

Disclaimer? ...I guess others can be the judge. Again, my apologies.
Quote Reply
Re: So then who SHOULD be President? [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The mere existence of buried blister gas shells proves at least two things.

1. Saddam lied when he said he had destroyed all CW. (If he told one lie, how many others did he tell?)

2. Hans "Mr. Magoo" Blix and the UN inspectors, having 10 years in Iraq to find CW, did not find these. (If they missed these, how many others did he miss? If they couldn't find these in 10 years, why are people so upset we haven't found more in 9 months?)

As for the cost and technology of CW destruction red herring--if Saddam had really wanted these CW shells destroyed, UNSCOM would have gladly done it for him at no cost. All he would have had to do is tell them where they were buried.

As for the Patriot Act, which was passed by the Senate by a vote of 98-1 by the way, WebSwim stated that it gave the right of the FBI to examine ALL of your financial records without a warrant. This is false, the PA only applies to certain types of transactions, for example, those known as "payable-through" transactions which have historically been used to funnel money to terrorists. This type of surveillance has existed for many years under RICO.

As for O'Neill--looks like he is backing away from his book faster than a coon hound from a porcupine. Seems he may have forgotten to actually read it before the guy he paid to write it got it published. He just endorsed Bush for president.
Quote Reply
Re: So then who SHOULD be President? [Joe M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Whatever you do, dont listen to me..."

I think that was the disclaimer....

>>>The mere existence of buried blister gas shells proves at least two things.

The existence of what now?

Let me help you with what was(n't) found in those shells:

http://www.foxnews.com/...,2933,108390,00.html

(don't worry, tri_bri2, it's FoxNews...have a fair and balanced adult help you with the big words)

I'm sure that being sent to war for a now-obvious lie has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that our "heroes" are killing themselves with increasing frequency over there:

http://news.myway.com/...::15:06|reuters.html
Quote Reply
Re: So then who SHOULD be President? [tri_larry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm sure that being sent to war for a now-obvious lie has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that our "heroes" are killing themselves with increasing frequency over there..."

I have to comment on this:

I was in the Air Force during the first Gulf War, and I knew four guys who blew their heads off within a few months of returning from Riyadh. These were all good guys who did a good job in the service. None of them saw combat, so they weren't feeling the guilt of having oppressed or slain innocents. I considered two of them to be good friends. I know at least one of them killed himself because his girlfriend broke up with him, and another was having marital problems.

We cannot know what drives a person to kill themselves, so please do not trivialize these deaths by interpreting them in such a ways that it supports your political views.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: So then who SHOULD be President? [tri_larry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lar ol' buddy ol' pal,

Read the whole article?

"Initial testing by the Danes and the British indicated that the set of 36 shells possibly contained blister gas, a type of chemical weapon agent.

One shell was to be brought back to Baghdad for further testing, Fox News learned, and an electronic assessment of the shells was to be sent to a U.S. lab for further analysis.

Both the Danish and U.S. officials told Fox that the latest negative finding wasn't conclusive and said a more final assessment could come in the next three to five days.

The news came just as a U.S.-led team started a series of tests Tuesday to determine whether the liquid blister agent was in the cluster of mortar shells. "

As for the insult to my intelligence, I'll just sign off as--Simple Jarhead.
Quote Reply

Prev Next