Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Installing Ultegra rear brake on Felt B14 [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not familiar with how they work, did have to install a new brake cable to install it. My B14 has a barrell adjuster by the stem.
BTW I bought the adapters on ebay.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Ultegra rear brake on Felt B14 [david.mcmullen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got my adapters on ebay, worked great.switched my brake on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Ultegra rear brake on Felt B14 [Jbages23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have a link for where you got your adapter? Just seeing if it is cheaper than other options.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Ultegra rear brake on Felt B14 [dmcdowell22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.ebay.com/...temis&media=MORE

I think thats the ebay link.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Ultegra rear brake on Felt B14 [Jbages23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s funny that someone just revived this thread as I was just looking for the best way to upgrade the stock brakes on my 2013 Felt B2. Does anyone know if the TRP t851 will fit these mounts?
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Ultegra rear brake on Felt B14 [darbycharles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I emailed Felt and Trp a few weeks back, The 851 used the standard 6mm bolts, an adapter is needed.. I was told by Felt they are working on adapters, because TRP/Tektro has stopped making the brakes that fit with 8mm bolt.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Ultegra rear brake on Felt B14 [darbycharles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW,The Shimano R7010R DM is the exact brake to the Ultegra I used, but its black and both are less expensive than the T851.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Ultegra rear brake on Felt B14 [Art M.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was there any issue with post spacing? I thought the TRP brakes were a touch wider than the Shimano direct mount (or vice versa)? I've got a Kestrel 4000 with TriRig omegas, but I would much prefer a direct mount.
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Ultegra rear brake on Felt B14 [jasonyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I bought the adapters and a brake and decided to give it a go. It worked! Tririg mentions a difference between Shimano direct mount vs the older TRP (Kestrel/Shiv), but that didn't seem to matter here. Installation was pretty simple, although the inserts I got were a bit brittle (there is a slot cut out for a flat tip screw driver, but over-torqueing causes this piece to break, so be careful or do like I did and buy a bunch!). I feel much more confident about this brake than the Omega I had before.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks great, thanks for the pictures! Did you purchase the adapter from the ebay link above? What rear brake did you end up going with?
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Ultegra rear brake on Felt B14 [dmcdowell22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought an m8 to m6 adapter on Amazon (5 pack). There’s a lot of options, but some have a long lead time. As for the brake, I got the 105 version (be 7010r). I found them on eBay for around $50.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic, thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next